Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Other than Kasabian, those are some interesting support acts for a Liam Gallagher crowd.

It’s a pretty great lineup, but unfortunately one that will go largely unappreciated by the swarms of piss throwers that will undoubtedly be the majority of the crowd.

After the chat about nostalgia in the controversial thread the other day, I don't get it tbh. 

Is the mass excitement from the fans just because it's knebworth? I know the Oasis gig was legendary, but is just one of them going back there solo really that exciting?

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

After the chat about nostalgia in the controversial thread the other day, I don't get it tbh. 

Is the mass excitement from the fans just because it's knebworth? I know the Oasis gig was legendary, but is just one of them going back there solo really that exciting?

Maybe a combo of that. If it was with proper Kasabian then you really have the interest of a lot of people. I think anyone who goes should temper their expectations on that front. Liam could also do a bunch of other Oasis songs on top of what he normally does. I swear its gonna be ridiculous if they try to add another date. Tickets will go for pennies later on.

5 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

On the Knebworth note, given it's played host to some massive gigs over the years why don't they tend to take place there more regularly?

Is it simply because stadium gigs with their infrastructure are just easier to put on / manage?

Its in the middle of nowhere honestly, probably the main reason - especially with London so nearby why bother

16 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Other than Kasabian, those are some interesting support acts for a Liam Gallagher crowd.

Edit: I know the album release is basically an excuse to tour but I’ve just seen that it comes out at the end of May next year. I’m struggling to think of any other albums announced 8 months in advance.

Its to sell ticket access bundles I guess. From that alone he's probably got himself a number 1 album, can't seem to find the no purchase necessary link though

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

What’s with this “c’mon you know” sign off he keeps writing? It doesn’t make sense. 

It looks to be the title of his next album, much like how he signed off with ‘as you were’ for ages before it was revealed as the title of his first album. 

What does it mean? Nobody knows what it means, but it’s provocative.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

It looks to be the title of his next album, much like how he signed off with ‘as you were’ for ages before it was revealed as the title of his first album. 

What does it mean? Nobody knows what it means, but it’s provocative.

So he did. I'd forgotten that. Good spot.

9 minutes ago, gfa said:

Latitude decided to announce the LG show too, any idea what that means regarding whether he would at Latitude too/not at Latitude ?? or am i reading too much into it

Could be too much, but who knows. Reading/Leeds also did the same. Theyre alll tied in with Live Nation so its getting put out there as much as possible.

Just now, Suprefan said:

Could be too much, but who knows. Reading/Leeds also did the same. Theyre alll tied in with Live Nation so its getting put out there as much as possible.

Yeah just saw Reading posted too so probably nothing. Knebworth is one of the closest big venues to Latitude too so seems unlikely anyway

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Also 'information on next UK tour pre-sale access will be sent closer to announcement' from their email.

Billed as the 'Glastonbury warm-up' (only kidding...)

They are at Wembley in June apparently. Someone in the R&L thread got a heads up about it.

• Upvote 1