Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Couple of new Jon Hopkins dates in Reading and Brighton

Very encouraging news. I got very lucky on Twickets and bagged a cheap seat for the RAH show which then turned out to be front row (!), but was a little concerned that it and the remainder of this tour would get canned. 

8 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

They do seem fun. They remind me of Gogol Bordello

My abiding memory of watching Gogol Bordello is the frontman swinging a bottle of wine around and just spraying it all over the stage and the front of the crowd. Lots of fun.

23 minutes ago, Quark said:

My abiding memory of watching Gogol Bordello is the frontman swinging a bottle of wine around and just spraying it all over the stage and the front of the crowd. Lots of fun.

I remember the first time I saw Gogol, it was just before/after Gypsy Punks was released and they were slowly making a name but I had never heard of them before. It was at a fest where Peaches was playing after them so I'd figure I have a few drinks there and wait for her as I was feeling lazy to move around stages. It was one of the best decisions I ever made as they fucking below me away without knowing any of their songs. Eugene was running around with a bottle of wine, he seemed to be singing and talking in a single breath the entire time, I downed my pint so I could get into the amazing crowd which had so much energy for them and they ended the set with throwing their drum kit into the crowd so one of the girls in the band could jump on it whilst the drum kit crowd surfed. 

Edited by jump