Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

2 hours ago, henry bear said:

Saturday before Christmas. Carnage

DB6A00AD-6FF2-4E95-A1DC-C787E60D1CEB.jpeg

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Thought Catfish were breaking up?! Or at least that’s what the word was on the R/L section after their headline sets there.

Haha I did think this when I saw the poster! I've reserved a hotel for the December days just in case, though I'd expect it to actually happen some time next year. 

2 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

A stadium show in December sounds cold 

They put the roof on last time, back when it was the Millennium Stadium in 2005. Was a bit chilly still but wasn't too bad 

What a day that was - Oasis supported by Foo Fighters, with Razorlight at their height, The Coral and the Subways 

In what seems to be a regular occurrence for me at the moment, work commitments are disrupting my gig-going and as such I have a spare ticket for Squid's gig at the Marble Factory in Bristol on Thursday. Gutted about missing this one as I really think no one is making music like them at the moment and it's set to be a tremendous show in a venue I really like. Anyway eFests friends, if anyone wants the ticket free of charge, drop me a message on here

The Horrors have been teasing themselves being ‘back’ on social media so fingers crossed we’re getting some more new material as well. I enjoyed the EP they released earlier in the year but just left me wanting more from them.

Will probably get myself to that Manchester show anyway. Giant Swan supporting is a nice bonus. 

19 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

The Horrors have been teasing themselves being ‘back’ on social media so fingers crossed we’re getting some more new material as well. I enjoyed the EP they released earlier in the year but just left me wanting more from them.

Will probably get myself to that Manchester show anyway. Giant Swan supporting is a nice bonus. 

Yeah they said we were getting another EP but hopefully it's absense just means an albums coming sooner.

4 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Any thoughts as to what the new interpretation may be?? (At least he's stopped pulling his skirt up..)

"For many years, I’ve struggled with 'Too Rye Ay'. I was never happy with many of the mixes on the record. Tracks like Eileen, and one or two others were really good, but with most others, while I felt the performances were really good, that didn’t come over properly in the mixes.

"I even felt fraudulent promoting the album, because I knew it didn’t sound as good as it should have.

"And of course, the irony was, it was by far our most successful Dexys album, because of the worldwide success of Come On Eileen. I knew there were other songs on there just as good as Eileen, but they hadn’t been realised properly.

"So, I was absolutely delighted to get this opportunity to remix the album with the masterful Pete Schwier who has worked with Dexys since 1985 and Helen O' Hara (Original violinist on the album), is also helping.

"I'm so into doing this album, that we are doing shows to promote it, next year, where we will play the whole of the album from start to finish, as well as other Dexys favourites.

"There is no way on earth I would be doing this tour or even promoting a normal 40th anniversary re-issue, if it wasn't for the opportunity to remix it and present it how it could have sounded. This is like a new album for me. It is an absolute labour of love. I want people to hear the album as it was meant to sound."

https://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/232848/9

Edited by henry bear
  • Upvote 1