Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

By the time I go to this it'll be 16 and 17 years since I've seen those respective bands. A lot of people probably have the same experience, but it's the first time I can see such a massive bridge between me now and me as a yoot.

Awh yeah I’m so there. Swear my 2022 gig schedule so far is almost exclusively 2002-07 emo kid favourites, and I’m pretty stoked about that. 

Guessing the support will end up being somebody new-ish, although it’d be nice if it was another band from that scene/time.

That reminds me too much like when Thrice and Refused were gonna do a co-headline show at Brixton, they downgraded it to Shepards Bush but ALL of the Brixton tixs sold become standing tixs at Shepards Bush so the stalls were incredibly rammed and it just became a hellish gig which is such a shame as both Thrice and Refused were great.

41 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

By the time I go to this it'll be 16 and 17 years since I've seen those respective bands. A lot of people probably have the same experience, but it's the first time I can see such a massive bridge between me now and me as a yoot.

I saw TBS on their anniversary tour a couple of years ago (after around a 10 year gap) and they were great, had a thoroughly great night. They played their first album in full which helped a bit but newer songs like Tidal Wave go down well. Never really been into AT outside if a few songs and fucking hate viccy warehouse so I'll swerve it this time though.

20 minutes ago, jump said:

That reminds me too much like when Thrice and Refused were gonna do a co-headline show at Brixton, they downgraded it to Shepards Bush but ALL of the Brixton tixs sold become standing tixs at Shepards Bush so the stalls were incredibly rammed and it just became a hellish gig which is such a shame as both Thrice and Refused were great.

I got freebies for the brum date of that, having eschewed buying the tickets due to the price (and knowing exactly what would happen)

A co-headline tour should cost between 1 and 1.5 times what you'd expect for just one of the acts. This makes it value for the consumer, and they can play a larger venue. Thrice and Refused basically stuck their prices together and thought they could play rooms bigger than they'd ever played on a headline before. They multiplied 1 by 1 and thought the answer was 4.

8 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

I got freebies for the brum date of that, having eschewed buying the tickets due to the price (and knowing exactly what would happen)

A co-headline tour should cost between 1 and 1.5 times what you'd expect for just one of the acts. This makes it value for the consumer, and they can play a larger venue. Thrice and Refused basically stuck their prices together and thought they could play rooms bigger than they'd ever played on a headline before. They multiplied 1 by 1 and thought the answer was 4.

Yeah I was surprised they went for a venue that big and thought I might be able to get cheap tixs closer to the time but I was happy to pay the price as both bands are awesome live so it would make a great night out rather than being stingy like Gazza who counts the amount of songs he likes from a band against the ticket price to see if it's worth going.

It was the fucking horrible overselling the smaller venue from underselling the big venue that ruined it for me. 

32 minutes ago, jump said:

Yeah I was surprised they went for a venue that big and thought I might be able to get cheap tixs closer to the time but I was happy to pay the price as both bands are awesome live so it would make a great night out rather than being stingy like Gazza who counts the amount of songs he likes from a band against the ticket price to see if it's worth going.

It was the fucking horrible overselling the smaller venue from underselling the big venue that ruined it for me. 

Been to a few gigs and wrestling shows like that. Worst was At the Drive In's comeback a few years ago. Got downgraded from the academy to the institute, and tickets were half price in the lead up. Absolutely rammo. Think they should've either downgraded or discounted the tickets, but not both.

The shine was off the first chance to see them in 2 decades when they opted to tour as support for Royal Blood first.

2 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

Been to a few gigs and wrestling shows like that. Worst was At the Drive In's comeback a few years ago. Got downgraded from the academy to the institute, and tickets were half price in the lead up. Absolutely rammo. Think they should've either downgraded or discounted the tickets, but not both.

The shine was off the first chance to see them in 2 decades when they opted to tour as support for Royal Blood first.

Yeah, At The Drive In were proper shit when I saw them supporting Royal Blood at Ally Pally. They should have stayed broken up lol.

9 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Awh yeah I’m so there. Swear my 2022 gig schedule so far is almost exclusively 2002-07 emo kid favourites, and I’m pretty stoked about that. 

Guessing the support will end up being somebody new-ish, although it’d be nice if it was another band from that scene/time.

Me too. Definitely makes up for not catching them at Slam Dunk. Honestly didn't see this happening.