Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Interesting given it was his desire to pursue solo stuff that led to him departing the Mac. Makes you wonder if he’d be more open to a return once this is over.

The state of play with Fleetwood Mac seems as disjointed as ever. Having toured with the new members, who they said at the time were actually part of the band now, not just for the tour, it looks like LB is in close contact with MF. This could well lead to LB returning to the band, which would almost certainly mean no Stevie, as she was instrumental in his departure, and is apparently keen to pursue her solo career for the time being

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

20210831_101243.jpg

I’d be biting their hands off for a ticket to this if I lived within 2 hours of London. Would do the 4 hour drive up after work on Friday in a heartbeat if I didn’t have to be at home on the Saturday. A tenner is a bargain too. Bit gutting! 

8 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Interesting given it was his desire to pursue solo stuff that led to him departing the Mac. Makes you wonder if he’d be more open to a return once this is over.

There are already hints he may return. He seems to want to, and the others except for Stevie Nicks are up for it. 

2 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

dont know where to put this but yeah. We cant deal with rain here and festivals at all.

Uh oh - is this going to be really bad for 'Roo? Can't imagine they are flush with cash after a year off, and then having to cancel the week before seems like it would be really bad (I assume most of the stages etc. are up and ready to go already?)...

5 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Uh oh - is this going to be really bad for 'Roo? Can't imagine they are flush with cash after a year off, and then having to cancel the week before seems like it would be really bad (I assume most of the stages etc. are up and ready to go already?)...

It shouldn't be a killer blow by any stretch.

Aside from anything else, they're owned by Live Nation, who have deep pockets and have just had a nearly full slate of sold out UK festivals.

But you'd think that while festivals have been unable to get insurance against the pandemic or new restrictions, they should have still been able to get "regular" cancellation insurance which would usually cover inclement weather.

The Divine Comedy, the Londonderry outfit announce the ‘Best of The Divine Comedy’ tour for spring 2022,

Birmingham Symphony Hall, 25 April
Manchester The Bridgewater Hall, 26
Edinburgh Usher Hall, 27
York Barbiccan Centre, 30
Liverpool Philharmonic Hall, 01 May
Cambridge Corn Exchange, 05
Ipswich Regent Theatre, 06
Oxford New Theatre, 08
Southampton O2 Guildhall, 09
Bath Forum, 10
Cardiff St Davids Hall, 12
Halifax Victoria Theatre, 13
Newcastle O2 City Hall, 14
Nottingham Royal Concert Hall, 15

37 minutes ago, zahidf said:

The Divine Comedy, the Londonderry outfit announce the ‘Best of The Divine Comedy’ tour for spring 2022,

Edinburgh Usher Hall, 27
Oxford New Theatre, 08
Bath Forum, 10

Yassss that's Christmas present for Dad sorted. Thanks!

9 hours ago, zahidf said:

Edinburgh Usher Hall, 27
Oxford New Theatre, 08
Bath Forum, 10

This is the best news. The tour ends around a month before the big G

I remember watching The Divine Comedy headline Cambridge Folk Festival in 2004 as a spritely young 13 year old. Always held a special place for me as that was my first "real" festival in most regards.

Would definitely try and show up to an early slot and imagine my parents would meet me there; that'd be quite a nice moment.