Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

10 minutes ago, hhunting said:

bar a few glaring omissions from last night's setlist (colossus, danny nedelko, a hymn, well done), it was brilliant.

No Danny Nedelko?! That's mental.

They're my next gig in a couple of weeks and they'd better buck their bloody ideas up!

11 minutes ago, Quark said:

No Danny Nedelko?! That's mental.

They're my next gig in a couple of weeks and they'd better buck their bloody ideas up!

There have been a lot of omissions in these latest shows, I saw them the first night at The Louisana and Bristol and it was my least favourite set from them to be honest. I'd even go as far as saying a little disappointing. 

Just now, zahidf said:

Sea Power, the British indie band confirm UK tour dates for April 2022,

Southampton 1865, 12 April
Birmingham O2 Instittue 2, 13
London Roundhouse, 14
Bristol O2 Academy, 19
Sheffield Leadmill, 21
Glasgow St Lukes, 22
Manchester Albert Hall, 23

I'm still not use to their name change, I keep thinking it's a different band. This is the worst thing to come out of Brexit!!! 

I'm a fan, but It'll be interesting to see Disclosures trajectory over the next few years, as it seems like they've binned their live show completely now (and they're also now independent, I think by choice?). Not sure a regular DJ set will sustain them playing venues like Alexandra Palace forever.

3 hours ago, Zacko said:

I'm a fan, but It'll be interesting to see Disclosures trajectory over the next few years, as it seems like they've binned their live show completely now (and they're also now independent, I think by choice?). Not sure a regular DJ set will sustain them playing venues like Alexandra Palace forever.

I dont think theyve ditched the “live” thing, there just might be some convenience with what theyre doing now. They were still doing a few things “live” during their Reading set including bringing out a drum line and a horn section. Im sure  guest vocalists will still be a thing.

3 hours ago, Zacko said:

I was very surprised to see they were dj’ing at their Reading and Leeds slots this weekend, seems strange after they had a full on live show a couple years back. 

25 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

I dont think theyve ditched the “live” thing, there just might be some convenience with what theyre doing now. They were still doing a few things “live” during their Reading set including bringing out a drum line and a horn section. Im sure  guest vocalists will still be a thing.

I did think this was a nice touch.

From their production livestreams I got the feeling that Howard was a bit more into his farming and sustainable living vibe these days rather than touring lots and playing live, but that's a bit of a guess.

I guess the beauty of the hybrid DJ thing is you can be way more flexible in the type of gigs you play.

Just now, zahidf said:

Lindsey Buckingham, the former Fleetwood Mac guitarist/vocalist will embark on his first ever solo tour of Europe in May 2022 including a string of UK shows,

Dublin The Helix, 17 May
Glasgow SEC Armadillo, 19
Liverpool Philharmonic, 21
London Palladium, 22

Interesting given it was his desire to pursue solo stuff that led to him departing the Mac. Makes you wonder if he’d be more open to a return once this is over.