Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

4 hours ago, Padjeq said:

Interesting he's doing independent places. Sort of act that has an EP with Travis Barker is usually a slam dunk O2 venue tour. I'll be going.

Underworld is probably the venue I've been to the most. It may be a dark hole where you're often standing on something sticky, there's no security to stop stage invasions/diving, that pillar is annoying as fuck and flies buzz around in the toilets but it's a proper rock venue I'd happily take over an O2 venue. 🤘

Hi

Did not know where was best to post this but if you are going to O2 Arena it looks like they have a new clear bag policy. Only got the email today as I have O2 tickets booked in the future. Can't say I have seen this advertised at other venues. The small bag policy has been knocking around for ages at gigs but this is new to me. Worth knowing about if you are heading to the O2.

Our bag policy

It’s better for everyone if you do not bring a bag at all.  We will not allow large bags into the venue but you will be permitted to take small clear bags in with you, to allow for contact free bag checks.  We class small bags as no larger than 35cm x 40cm x 19cm.

If you have to bring a large bag with you, you can leave it at our bag storage facility just outside the main entrance to The O2 at a cost of £10 per bag. All bags will be searched and screened before being accepted into the bag storage facility.

Bag storage closes 30 minutes after the end of the event. We won’t hold your items overnight, so you must pick them up before the facility closes. 

Would really appreciate some advice, please!

Have 4 x tickets to The Streets at South Facing Festival (August 21st). I’m currently stuck in Australia, and won’t be able to get back in time.

What’s the best way to sell the tickets? (Universe aka Ticketmaster don’t have their own resale platform.) Would love to sell them for what I bought them for, as COVID has really hit my bank account hard…

Cheers! 

1 hour ago, sophiemarie said:

Would really appreciate some advice, please!

Have 4 x tickets to The Streets at South Facing Festival (August 21st). I’m currently stuck in Australia, and won’t be able to get back in time.

What’s the best way to sell the tickets? (Universe aka Ticketmaster don’t have their own resale platform.) Would love to sell them for what I bought them for, as COVID has really hit my bank account hard…

Cheers! 

Look up Twickets. I've never used them myself but often see them recommended. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Dales said:

Hi

Did not know where was best to post this but if you are going to O2 Arena it looks like they have a new clear bag policy. Only got the email today as I have O2 tickets booked in the future. Can't say I have seen this advertised at other venues. The small bag policy has been knocking around for ages at gigs but this is new to me. Worth knowing about if you are heading to the O2.

Our bag policy

It’s better for everyone if you do not bring a bag at all.  We will not allow large bags into the venue but you will be permitted to take small clear bags in with you, to allow for contact free bag checks.  We class small bags as no larger than 35cm x 40cm x 19cm.

If you have to bring a large bag with you, you can leave it at our bag storage facility just outside the main entrance to The O2 at a cost of £10 per bag. All bags will be searched and screened before being accepted into the bag storage facility.

Bag storage closes 30 minutes after the end of the event. We won’t hold your items overnight, so you must pick them up before the facility closes. 

Reminds me of one of the worst experiences I had getting into a venue.

Went to see WWE NXT Takeover at Wembley. We got there very early and were stopped from getting in the door listed on our ticket, and told to join this other, massive snake of a queue, because my girlfriend's clutch was 'too big'. This moved at a snail's pace. Timewise, we'd got there over an hour before the 7:30pm preshow, and spent all this time, plus an additional 20 minutes in this one bag check queue. At some point we were informed that our bags would be taken from us, so to take what we needed out of them now. Loading my pockets of my jeans with my girlfriend's effects, we reached the top of the queue (a queue that was much much longer behind us by the way, with people whose anxiety didn't bring them to the venue early enough - and actually was shown on the pre-show hype itself) and saw what they were doing.

Now the reason for this was WWE had been given an internal government document that basically had a list of everything and anything that could in America be at risk of ISIS attack. WWE being as self-obsessed as it is went full Red Alert, and decided they were 100% the next target, and so decreed that no 'large bags' could be taken into the venue and issued a directive to wembley a Clear Bag policy. I'd seen this once before online. They empty your bag contents into a plastic bag and gave you that to carry around, so you can show other people you're clever enough to bring your own bumwipes to venues.

But somewhere along the way something strange happened. Someone along the chain misunderstood what a clear bag policy entailed. So imagine my surprise when we get to the top of this 90 minute queue and found security taking bags from people, then inserting the actual bag into a clear plastic bin liner, tying it off and giving you a raffle ticket. There was a whole room full of these bags looking like fish to be won at the fair. A whole room of bags seemingly being suffocated for lice eggs. Absolutely deranged thought process. Did no one question why the evil large bag needed to be isolated inside another, larger translucent bag? Absolutely madcap.

Got into the arena proper just to see Triple H standing in the ring, and promptly fell up the steep Wembley stairs while carrying 2 beers.

14 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

Went to see WWE NXT Takeover at Wembley. We got there very early and were stopped from getting in the door listed on our ticket, and told to join this other, massive snake of a queue, because my girlfriend's clutch was 'too big'. This moved at a snail's pace. Timewise, we'd got there over an hour before the 7:30pm preshow, and spent all this time, plus an additional 20 minutes in this one bag check queue. At some point we were informed that our bags would be taken from us, so to take what we needed out of them now. Loading my pockets of my jeans with my girlfriend's effects, we reached the top of the queue (a queue that was much much longer behind us by the way, with people whose anxiety didn't bring them to the venue early enough - and actually was shown on the pre-show hype itself) and saw what they were doing.

Now the reason for this was WWE had been given an internal government document that basically had a list of everything and anything that could in America be at risk of ISIS attack. WWE being as self-obsessed as it is went full Red Alert, and decided they were 100% the next target, and so decreed that no 'large bags' could be taken into the venue and issued a directive to wembley a Clear Bag policy. I'd seen this once before online. They empty your bag contents into a plastic bag and gave you that to carry around, so you can show other people you're clever enough to bring your own bumwipes to venues.

But somewhere along the way something strange happened. Someone along the chain misunderstood what a clear bag policy entailed. So imagine my surprise when we get to the top of this 90 minute queue and found security taking bags from people, then inserting the actual bag into a clear plastic bin liner, tying it off and giving you a raffle ticket. There was a whole room full of these bags looking like fish to be won at the fair. A whole room of bags seemingly being suffocated for lice eggs. Absolutely deranged thought process. Did no one question why the evil large bag needed to be isolated inside another, larger translucent bag? Absolutely madcap.

Got into the arena proper just to see Triple H standing in the ring, and promptly fell up the steep Wembley stairs while carrying 2 beers.

I went to that! i just put my stuff in my pocket, and folded my small tote bag into my back pocket

i really hate Wembey though. O2 sounds like a pain in the arse now.

3 hours ago, Padjeq said:

Total madness.

My partner looked for clear bags on-line last night and a few did reference WWE approved and other American Sports. So does sound like that is indeed the origin of these rules.

6 hours ago, Padjeq said:

Ouch thats terrible. Do they not have clear bag for the NFL games when they happen? I would assume they would keep the same policy as it applies here. I guess get used to it and hopefully businesses figure out that there will be a market for that. Arenas and stadiums will always find reasons to implement a policy like that just to annoy customers and to sell a few extra bags. 

I know a fair few people on this thread were off to Gorillaz and there were questions about support. I just spotted this in the corner of a photo they shared from tonight. If you're off tomorrow, this could help! 

Looks like a DJ early doors and then they're playing for two and a half hours20:15 - 22:45! 

20210810_210537.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Steady 32 songs by gorrilaz tonight with a huge amount of guests including aj Tracey! Looking forward to going tomorrow night. Who was there tonight? 

Top notch stuff with plenty of guests. One in particuar was a real surprise and personnel favourite of mine. Won't say who for those who like a surprise (Anyway its easy to find out for those who want to know who guested)

I lucked out and got block 101 seats, front row.

Great mix of songs new and classics and great atmosphere. Sure you will have a blast.

From a practical point of view it was a little odd. I went through O2 priority que always smoother. No check I was NHS or Covid status. I had my bits such as glasses, sanitiser,  phone etc in a clear bag, put it on the table and went through scanner and no  further security check just waved me on.

The new clear bag policy was odd with lots of people being sent to get their bags deposited/locked away and wondering around with their stuff in clear plastic bags but clearly some people still had normal bags on them and in some cases biggish ruck sacks. 

Enjoy tonight.

11 minutes ago, Dales said:

Top notch stuff with plenty of guests. One in particuar was a real surprise and personnel favourite of mine. Won't say who for those who like a surprise (Anyway its easy to find out for those who want to know who guested)

I lucked out and got block 101 seats, front row.

Great mix of songs new and classics and great atmosphere. Sure you will have a blast.

From a practical point of view it was a little odd. I went through O2 priority que always smoother. No check I was NHS or Covid status. I had my bits such as glasses, sanitiser,  phone etc in a clear bag, put it on the table and went through scanner and no  further security check just waved me on.

The new clear bag policy was odd with lots of people being sent to get their bags deposited/locked away and wondering around with their stuff in clear plastic bags but clearly some people still had normal bags on them and in some cases biggish ruck sacks. 

Enjoy tonight.

That’s annoying, I know someone who is NHS and couldn’t go last night, decided against taking his tickets as I couldn’t be bothered with the checks.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

That’s annoying, I know someone who is NHS and couldn’t go last night, decided against taking his tickets as I couldn’t be bothered with the checks.

It might be pot luck who you might have got going in as to what checks took place. I had my id in my wallet and covid pass saved to my phone but never needed. There were a lot of empty seats and no surprise as when the tickets went on offer, staff may not have known what shifts they would be on. A lot of tickets ended up being wasted for a "sold out" event.

17 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Ouch thats terrible. Do they not have clear bag for the NFL games when they happen? I would assume they would keep the same policy as it applies here. I guess get used to it and hopefully businesses figure out that there will be a market for that. Arenas and stadiums will always find reasons to implement a policy like that just to annoy customers and to sell a few extra bags. 

Yep NFL games at Wembley and Spurs are subject to the clear bag policy. It, or something similar, was policy at Manchester arena for a while too (no idea if it still is) - someone I was with had their bag taken off them and binned because it wasn't suitable. 

Clear bags are really easy to find over here btw. All the online fashion retailers have them and Amazon have loads https://www.amazon.co.uk/Transparent-Toiletry-Waterproof-Crossbody-Adjustable/dp/B08N1CN6Y1/ref=sxin_13_ac_d_rm?ac_md=2-2-Y2xlYXIgdG90ZSBiYWc%3D-ac_d_rm_rm_rm&cv_ct_cx=Clear+Handbag&dchild=1&keywords=Clear+Handbag&pd_rd_i=B08N1CN6Y1&pd_rd_r=59878f77-f928-4f32-8871-a1bd6db4cda7&pd_rd_w=d1xhu&pd_rd_wg=1Mf8Q&pf_rd_p=73573abc-9548-43f0-87cb-a185286cee4c&pf_rd_r=7HJS8BZJX2BNPPD7YV9X&psc=1&qid=1628670218&sr=1-3-fe323411-17bb-433b-b2f8-c44f2e1370d4

On 8/10/2021 at 9:09 AM, Padjeq said:

On 8/10/2021 at 9:24 AM, zahidf said:

I went to that! i just put my stuff in my pocket, and folded my small tote bag into my back pocket

i really hate Wembey though. O2 sounds like a pain in the arse now.

02 has always been a pain. For me it's just as far away from the starting tube aa can be after travelling to London. Plus they cost more than anything else.

As for Wembley, I've never had any issues and actually prefer it as a choice. A train into London for me or drive to Stanmore give very close options. Especially if I go further to say Finchley.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

02 has always been a pain. For me it's just as far away from the starting tube aa can be after travelling to London. Plus they cost more than anything else.

As for Wembley, I've never had any issues and actually prefer it as a choice. A train into London for me or drive to Stanmore give very close options. Especially if I go further to say Finchley.

Hard to disagree. 

3 hours ago, Dales said:

It might be pot luck who you might have got going in as to what checks took place. I had my id in my wallet and covid pass saved to my phone but never needed. There were a lot of empty seats and no surprise as when the tickets went on offer, staff may not have known what shifts they would be on. A lot of tickets ended up being wasted for a "sold out" event.

We spoke to a steward who said it wasn’t quite at full capacity apparently even as a ‘sold out’ gig. Was quite nice as we had plenty of space right down the front near enough

Edited by Mouseboy11