Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

23 minutes ago, gfa said:

Some new names for NOS Alive this morning - Fontaines, Strokes, Glass Animals and Modest Mouse. First summer announcement for Glass Animals I believe and were booked on for g2020, also first date for Modest Mouse according to their websites. Strokes had Primavera which shows they are staying in Europe for all of June too and Fontaines seem to just be around in general.

https://twitter.com/NOS_Alive

Can’t wait for six months of “Strokes to headline” chat.

• Like 1

The Seven Stages of eFests "Strokes to Headline" chat:

1. They definitely going to headline this year, they're in Europe and free that weekend;
  2. What do you mean they're not big enough anymore?
  3. They've got a new album out, it's a return to form;
  4. Well they would be a really strong sub;
  5. Nah, they all like each other again. Casablancas even liked one of Fab's Instagram posts;
  6. Well they'll definitely be Other headliners;
  7. Glastonbury pay how much? Ok, it's not happening...

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

1. They definitely going to headline this year, they're in Europe and free that weekend;
  5. Nah, they all like each other again. Casablancas even liked one of Fab's Instagram posts;

I jumped straight to stage 7. The strokes will play anywhere if the money's right, but seem to know their worth by not taking lesser slots. 

On 7/29/2021 at 10:56 AM, Hugh Jass said:

8. Are they bigger than Foals?

9. Pablo Honey

41 minutes ago, JHad said:

Looks like the Fontaines DC gig in Kingston on Monday is off, presumably for the same covid reasons as last week's appearances. 

No official confirmation anywhere bizarrely, but I've had a refund today. 

Oh, ive not had a refund. Ive emailed/tweeted them to ask for confirmation!

Edited by zahidf

44 minutes ago, JHad said:

Looks like the Fontaines DC gig in Kingston on Monday is off, presumably for the same covid reasons as last week's appearances. 

No official confirmation anywhere bizarrely, but I've had a refund today. 

also got nothing on this so hopefully this isn't true.

banquet records posted 40 mins ago on insta a list of shows and it's still on there

On 7/30/2021 at 5:43 PM, JHad said:

Haha!

Will see what tomorrow brings and contact them if necessary. Off to see The Lovely Eggs shortly, so no will not be worrying about this tonight!

So, it turns out that Banquet just rely on order numbers for everything, including tickets, with no secondary checks. This system definitely is definitely open to mistakes or abuse as for an event with lots of ticket sales in a short space of time, the other order numbers of tickets would be sequential. 

It seems like someone made a genuine error when cancelling their own ticket and gave my order number. It's now all reinstated, but certainly feels like a risky system for them to use! 

Sorry to worry others with tickets! It's still on after all! See you there 😊

On Yungblud’s most recent Instagram story he mentions that he’s announcing a show this summer that’s in Stadium tomorrow. Any ideas? Could this be something that’s already announced or is it possible that Foo Fighters have arranged a stadium show at short notice instead of the Glasto date that was rumoured? 

19 hours ago, foolee said:

On Yungblud’s most recent Instagram story he mentions that he’s announcing a show this summer that’s in Stadium tomorrow. Any ideas? Could this be something that’s already announced or is it possible that Foo Fighters have arranged a stadium show at short notice instead of the Glasto date that was rumoured? 

Soccer aid. 

7 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Now that gigs are actually starting to happen and that i've got a credit card, I've started buying more tickets. I'm fairly knowledgable with the mainstream,  but can y'all recommend some lesser known acts, like up-and-coming bands?

Yes, I've already heard of Black Midi, New Squid and all that

Give us some pointers then - any acceptable / unacceptable genres?  Other bands that are yay or nay?

Edited by Quark

5 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I'm up for almost anything, just not really dull indie folk type stuff.  May make an exception if it's particularly good/unique though

Solo wh*te guy with a guitar: *sings*
Ya boi: 😴

James Blunt it is then.

And remind me where(ish) you are, or at least reasonable gig locations?