Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

4 minutes ago, jump said:

I don't know what the Visa fees actually are for Europeans in the UK are but I've seen lots of non-major record label US acts play venues of 200 (or less people) before and I would have thought those travel costs would be alot more too plus they can deduct the visa costs from their taxes anyway.

Yeah well, u.s taxes are a lot diff than others. And its just a diff environment right now. The same goes for uk or europe acts coming here because of the visa price jump. Unless they know its worth it, they wont travel. Thats why like Japanese Breakfast for example is embarking on a 4 month tour of the u.s cause its all thats possible for the moment and its pretty much sold out. Multiple nights in major cities plus festival slots are going to make up for lots of lost income.

13 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah well, u.s taxes are a lot diff than others. And its just a diff environment right now. The same goes for uk or europe acts coming here because of the visa price jump. Unless they know its worth it, they wont travel. Thats why like Japanese Breakfast for example is embarking on a 4 month tour of the u.s cause its all thats possible for the moment and its pretty much sold out. Multiple nights in major cities plus festival slots are going to make up for lots of lost income.

You can claim a Visa as a tax business deduction in most countries rather than just the US though as it's a common standard, it's just a travel cost really.

17 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

The Killers saying if you preorder the album you can get a chance to attend an exclusive UK show next year. Trying to find if there's one of those little "No purchase necessary" links but haven't had any luck so far.

I wonder where it could be. Not sure I fancy a stadium gig, but a intimate gig could be amazing

Against my better judgement I've pre-ordered. I guess inevitably it would be a London-based gig so that would be even more cost. Hey ho.

These "album pre-order" for "a chance" to secure a ticket pre-sales can be a huge piss take, though. So many times I've fallen for this only for the pre-sale to be "sold out" within seconds, making me wonder just how many tickets were actually available and how much it was purely a marketing ploy to boost initial album sales

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

These "album pre-order" for "a chance" to secure a ticket pre-sales can be a huge piss take, though. So many times I've fallen for this only for the pre-sale to be "sold out" within seconds, making me wonder just how many tickets were actually available and how much it was purely a marketing ploy to boost initial album sales

Bruh of course it’s a marketing ploy. They’re not gonna cap preorders at the amount of tickets to be nice to fans. Besides it’s always no purchase necessary because they can’t promise tickets will be available in exchange, making it a free-for-all.

3 minutes ago, TheSheriff said:

The rest of the bill for Idles at the Downs announced 

01A93202-2CAE-496F-94F4-28673E27B771.jpeg

Got a ticket for this.

have heard working men’s club album and like that so def happy to watch them. 

heard a couple of Anne Meredith tracks on 6 music seems quite expiremental electronic stuff. Anyone seen her play live? Is it likely to ‘go off’ or not really ha. perhaps not the kind of support booking I had necessarily anticipated for this 

any reviews of the other 3 acts on the top left? Will stream a few tracks but always interested in peoples live experiences if they have any

cheers in advance 

1 minute ago, internetjef said:

Got a ticket for this.

heard a couple of Anne Meredith tracks on 6 music seems quite expiremental electronic stuff. Anyone seen her play live? Is it likely to ‘go off’ or not really ha. perhaps not the kind of support booking I had necessarily anticipated for this 

any reviews of the other 3 acts on the top left? Will stream a few tracks but always interested in peoples live experiences if they have any

cheers in advance 

I've heard Idles are alright.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, internetjef said:

I saw her on Sunday and thought she was incredible. Definitely buying tickets to her tour, and will probably see her at EOTR too. She has a really cool setup, quite a diverse range of instruments which provides a pretty interesting sound: synths, drums, electric guitar, cello, clarinet, xylophone, tuba etc.

The crowd was pretty lively, although it was only a daytime set so wasn't exactly a riot. I reckon if she's subbing Idles though, then by then most people will be in the mood and enjoying it. She mixes things up quite a bit too; she'll play something that sounds like it's from a film score, then she'll play something dancey, then she'll play something rocky. She ended her set with a cover of Enter Sandman which had the tent rocking out and singing along

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, internetjef said:

Got a ticket for this.

cheers in advance 

Nautilus by Anna Meredith is a legendary tune by now. Rock bands walk out in arenas to it, MOTD build-up montage level.

Big Joanie and Jane Weaver are fine. Good acts, might not get a whole field going.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, internetjef said:

heard a couple of Anne Meredith tracks on 6 music seems quite expiremental electronic stuff. Anyone seen her play live?

The live show is pretty mega, properly goes off when played to a nighttime crowd. Seen her play at festivals,pumping out bangers at like 12pm to mostly empty tents/fields which is funny. She'll be good either way tho.

8 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Theres always a button not to actually pay (guess it must be required by law).

For the Killers its in this photo - it always says "*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. TERMS & CONDITIONS APPLY." or something similar. Here's the direct link as well - https://zaphod.vvhp.net/vvreg/25707-814180.html?t=1626687552, so far nothing announced in secret or anything

image.png

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

The live show is pretty mega, properly goes off when played to a nighttime crowd. Seen her play at festivals,pumping out bangers at like 12pm to mostly empty tents/fields which is funny. She'll be good either way tho.

Just bought tickets for her Manchester gig in November and hoping it's not too much of a properly going off pumping out bangers sort of thing... don't want any of that nonsense.

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Pretty sure they had a show in 2018 that was advertised as their final ever concert...

Yes they did but glad it's not their final show.

Below is the link to get pre-sale without buying the album. Also going to be on O2 Priority next Wednesday.

https://softcell.tmstor.es/?utm_source=sendinblue&utm_campaign=WC_26072021_Soft_Cell&utm_medium=email

5 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

QOTSA have pulled Reading/Leeds, which sucks for those who have tickets.

Interesting to see whether they are rebooked for next year, which may impact their chances of coming back to GF.

Despite the changes to the rules Im sure they might've had a visa rejection or somebody in the band or crew isnt vaccinated so they werent going to sit around and isolate just for one gig. 

Edited by Suprefan

12 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Despite the changes to the rules Im sure they might've had a visa rejection or somebody in the band or crew isnt vaccinated so they werent going to sit around and isolate just for one gig. 

I don't see Reading booking them for next year mind. I think Queens at Reading was an easy festival booking knowing they would snap their hand off but next year the choices will be much bigger and  broader that are catered to a nowadays Reading. 

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

I don't see Reading booking them for next year mind. I think Queens at Reading was an easy festival booking knowing they would snap their hand off but next year the choices will be much bigger and  broader that are catered to a nowadays Reading. 

Why wouldn’t they book them? QOTSA are still easily headline material.

If they’re carrying on with the six headliners next year then they’re an obvious booking as the “rock” option. Especially as they should should have a new album ready by then.

Edited by Hugh Jass

9 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

QOTSA have pulled Reading/Leeds, which sucks for those who have tickets.

Interesting to see whether they are rebooked for next year, which may impact their chances of coming back to GF.

Yeah, I was thinking of grabbing a day tix for them but it was sold out any way so it works out in the end. 

I would have been curious what their set list would be as their Finsbury Park gig (apart from the shit bar queues that was a great day!) missed out a few of my favourites from them. 

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Why wouldn’t they book them? QOTSA are still easily headline material.

If they’re carrying on with the six headliners next year then they’re an obvious booking as the “rock” option. Especially as they should should have a new album ready by then.

I'm not sure if a new album is coming soon, as Homme and Brody take it in turns to be rock stars so one is with the kids all the time, before covid it seemed to be Brody's turn with her reforming The Distillers who were touring and ment to be doing a new album.

Some new names for NOS Alive this morning - Fontaines, Strokes, Glass Animals and Modest Mouse. First summer announcement for Glass Animals I believe and were booked on for g2020, also first date for Modest Mouse according to their websites. Strokes had Primavera which shows they are staying in Europe for all of June too and Fontaines seem to just be around in general.

https://twitter.com/NOS_Alive

Edited by gfa