Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

23 hours ago, Quark said:

Glad you had a good time too pal!  Were you in the mixer or standing somewhere more sensible? Had to shower when I got home, was absolutely soaked!

Guessing you've been there before? Pretty much standard tbh.  There's more work being done on Marine Parade so the queue was running alongside the building towards the marina instead of back towards Brighton centre.  Mostly masks in the queue, checking ticket at the box office as standard and then in!  Queue for the bar a bit more organised than the usual press and they were asking but not insisting on masks in the bar area.  Some people wearing them in the main area (mine was on and off as I heated up / cooled down!) but by and large it was a standard Concorde gig!

In the middle level with the mixing desk, I am 6`4" so had a good view from there, I am very mindful of ruining peoples evening when all they can see is the back of my head!

5 hours ago, Giraffe Man said:

In the middle level with the mixing desk, I am 6`4" so had a good view from there, I am very mindful of ruining peoples evening when all they can see is the back of my head!

I’m 6’5 and the same but when the missus is shorter and she wants to get into the crowd or you’re with a bunch of mates who want to get proper in its not always possible to be that mindful of everyone. Although it is their own fault for being so short!

16 minutes ago, jump said:

I’m 6’5 and the same but when the missus is shorter and she wants to get into the crowd or you’re with a bunch of mates who want to get proper in its not always possible to be that mindful of everyone. Although it is their own fault for being so short!

Is this you driving home afterwards?

857F84C7-4E87-41CF-8000-C0B23A84C0A8.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Is this you driving home afterwards?

857F84C7-4E87-41CF-8000-C0B23A84C0A8.jpeg

Pretty close actually, multiple times in the past I’ve just had to lie down in the backseat of an Uber as my neck was gonna snap otherwise as the average car’s roof is too low for me.

Saint Etienne, the English alternative pop band announce string of headline shows for this November,

Glasgow St Luke’s, 18 Nov
Sunderland The Fire Station, 19
London Alexandra Palace Theatre, 20
Bristol Trinity Centre, 23
Birmingham O2 Institute, 24
Shipley Victoria Hall, 25
Liverpool Grand Central Hall, 26
Brighton Old Market, 27

Haiku Salut bless both trendy urban dwellers and the ugly gremlins of the provinces with dates:

21/10 – The Jam Jar, Bristol 

22/10 – South Street Arts Centre, Reading

23/10 – Bush Hall, London

28/10 – The Grand Pavilion, Matlock

29/10 – Leiston Film Theatre, Leiston

30/10 – Con Club, Lewes

2/11 – The Blue Arrow, Glasgow

3/11 – The Deaf Institute, Manchester

4/11 – Light Up, Lancaster

5/11 – Leaf, Liverpool

6/11 – Westgarth Social Club, Middlesbrough

Summat about lamps and new music as well

Anyone in the Brighton neck of the woods who fancies a gig ticket for Thursday night at the Prince Albert, drop me a DM. Was only a £6 ticket so you can have it gratis. Had a paper ticket delivered so just in touch with See now to make sure that someone can go in my place if I forward them the confirmation email.

These guys are bloody good live. 

The Killers saying if you preorder the album you can get a chance to attend an exclusive UK show next year. Trying to find if there's one of those little "No purchase necessary" links but haven't had any luck so far.

I wonder where it could be. Not sure I fancy a stadium gig, but a intimate gig could be amazing

11 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

The Killers saying if you preorder the album you can get a chance to attend an exclusive UK show next year. Trying to find if there's one of those little "No purchase necessary" links but haven't had any luck so far.

I wonder where it could be. Not sure I fancy a stadium gig, but a intimate gig could be amazing

I saw one on the link they sent

14 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

A couple years ago The Killers did a tiny gig in King Tuts in Glasgow after their TRNSMT set. Felt so lucky to be one of the few hundred people there. Hopefully something like that 

23 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

In case you still needed it:

https://zaphod.vvhp.net/vvreg/25707-814180.html?t=1626687552

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I ordered the vinyl so I hope it’s purchase necessary 😁

6 hours ago, zahidf said:

Saint Etienne, the English alternative pop band announce string of headline shows for this November,

Glasgow St Luke’s, 18 Nov
Sunderland The Fire Station, 19
London Alexandra Palace Theatre, 20
Bristol Trinity Centre, 23
Birmingham O2 Institute, 24
Shipley Victoria Hall, 25
Liverpool Grand Central Hall, 26
Brighton Old Market, 27

That would be the first gig at the fire station in Sunderland as that’s a new auditorium that has not had any events booked so far 

5 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I agree, but I’m not sure I want the new album though, hardly played the last one.

8 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Do the visa rles/fees between e.u and uk make it an issue though. Small bands cant make that sort of trip anymore. So unless its financially viavle, dont count on it so soon.

I don't know what the Visa fees actually are for Europeans in the UK are but I've seen lots of non-major record label US acts play venues of 200 (or less people) before and I would have thought those travel costs would be alot more too plus they can deduct the visa costs from their taxes anyway.