Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

14 minutes ago, Quark said:

That's a nice selection!  Frank and Skinny Lister is a great pairing!

It's part of Frank's Lost Evenings residency of Roundhouse, I was gonna grab Friday or Saturday tixs at first but then I saw he had Skinny Lister supporting him on the Sunday and thought that would easily be the best night so work the next day be damned!

Edited by jump

4 hours ago, Quark said:

Do it. He absolutely captures the joy of being back on stage so much. Was my first time seeing him and I had an absolute blast! Gathering went off as you'd expect

Frank was life affirming last night, the whole evening was a wonderful reminder of what we have been missing. It was bloody hot in there though

On 7/21/2021 at 9:20 AM, Quark said:

Got a ticket going spare for Frank Turner at the Concorde2 in Brighton tonight if anyone wants it.

Got my ticket, but under the Revive Live events a second person can get entry if they show they play the national lottery, either with a weekly lotto ticket or a scratchcard. Have to enter with the ticketholder, so would need to meet in Brighton or at the venue.

Gig details here, doors open 7:30 https://www.concorde2.co.uk/events/frank-turner-the-sleeping-souls

Not after cash or owt for it, just happy for it to not go to waste.  I've got feelers out with their Twitter account as well for anyone after it, so very much first come first served.

No obligation or pressure to hang out before or during either.  Normally a solo gigger so I'm happy on my tod, so if that's your thing then feel free to find your preferred spot in the venue and leave me to it.  But happy to grab a beer as well!

@Ozanne @finn_with_1_n @Copperface @balti-pie I know you chaps are all in that neck of the woods

What was the set up like at the Concorde 2? Due down there for Fontaines in a couple of weeks (if they can resume the tour).

23 minutes ago, Giraffe Man said:

Frank was life affirming last night, the whole evening was a wonderful reminder of what we have been missing. It was bloody hot in there though

Glad you had a good time too pal!  Were you in the mixer or standing somewhere more sensible? Had to shower when I got home, was absolutely soaked!

16 minutes ago, simoneng_1983 said:

What was the set up like at the Concorde 2? Due down there for Fontaines in a couple of weeks (if they can resume the tour).

Guessing you've been there before? Pretty much standard tbh.  There's more work being done on Marine Parade so the queue was running alongside the building towards the marina instead of back towards Brighton centre.  Mostly masks in the queue, checking ticket at the box office as standard and then in!  Queue for the bar a bit more organised than the usual press and they were asking but not insisting on masks in the bar area.  Some people wearing them in the main area (mine was on and off as I heated up / cooled down!) but by and large it was a standard Concorde gig!

One tip I would give for anyone going back to gigs is to grab a pair of earplugs.  Always a good idea I know, but definitely at the moment. Was a bit blasé about it last night but my ears have only just stopped ringing today. Just not used to the volume!

2 hours ago, Quark said:

One tip I would give for anyone going back to gigs is to grab a pair of earplugs.  Always a good idea I know, but definitely at the moment. Was a bit blasé about it last night but my ears have only just stopped ringing today. Just not used to the volume!

Before you do that I suggest wearing some for a while beforehand. Did some garden work the week leading up to my first gig back and had them in for about an hour. Your brain needs to adjust again to the sound reduction then it wont be as strange when youre there and you put em in. 

oh yeah, first gig back was on Saturday. Christina Aguilera with the Los Angeles Philharmonic. Amazing, all killer no filler. Also had the orcehstra warm the crowd up with Bernstein and selections from West Side Story.

7CC49E0A-171B-4975-A1F9-248D00A61021.jpeg

0F2354FB-A572-49ED-9FF0-C139BEDB4155.jpeg

A73EA7F4-6C42-4EA2-9E57-8C564B9BAD6E.jpeg

BD86EFCF-AFA6-4212-8519-3AA223C21936.jpeg

Edited by Suprefan

4 hours ago, Quark said:

Glad you had a good time too pal!  Were you in the mixer or standing somewhere more sensible? Had to shower when I got home, was absolutely soaked!

Guessing you've been there before? Pretty much standard tbh.  There's more work being done on Marine Parade so the queue was running alongside the building towards the marina instead of back towards Brighton centre.  Mostly masks in the queue, checking ticket at the box office as standard and then in!  Queue for the bar a bit more organised than the usual press and they were asking but not insisting on masks in the bar area.  Some people wearing them in the main area (mine was on and off as I heated up / cooled down!) but by and large it was a standard Concorde gig!

Yeah been to the C2 many times. Just preparing myself for my first gig back. Glad to hear some mask wearing as I'll do whatever feels comfortable on the night. Earplugs might be a good idea!

7 minutes ago, simoneng_1983 said:

Yeah been to the C2 many times. Just preparing myself for my first gig back. Glad to hear some mask wearing as I'll do whatever feels comfortable on the night. Earplugs might be a good idea!

Fatboy last night  there were about 3 people wearing them unfortunately the heat would have just made them completely pointless within minutes 😞 hopefully no spread stems from it and people did the voluntary tests before they went … although there was no proof needed of tests 

17 hours ago, Quark said:

My ears used to get absolutely fucked by Concorde 2 when I was younger.

Edit: Sweat glands were always VERY active in there too.

Edited by jyoung

Bob Mould has some UK tour dates announced for next year

Bob Mould 2022 UK performance dates:
Sunday 23 January – The Globe, Cardiff
Saturday 24 January – The Live Rooms, Chester
Thursday 27 January – The Sugarmill, Stoke-on-Trent
Friday 28 January – Thekla, Bristol
Saturday 29 January – The Rescue Rooms, Nottingham
Monday 31 January – Oran Mor, Glasgow
Tuesday 1 February – Riverside Newcastle
Friday 4 February – Concorde 2, Brighton
Monday 7 February – Brudenell Social Club, Leeds