Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Not sure if this is the right place to put this so apologies if not; I've got two tickets to see White Lies tonight at Camden Powerhaus that I can no longer use due to having to self isolate as my 2 year old has a temperature. Does anyone have any interest? Face value was £80 for the pair, tickets are PDF so I could email them over should anyone want them,

6 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Rekcon if the next few weeks are bad they might introduce it early so it allows buissnesses to stay open 

Venues are able to use it from now of course. So I wouldn't be surprised if loads got ahead of it and started asap 

22 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

I'd feel far more comfortable at the moment doing it that way in all honesty 

Yeah it's the only way (and I say that as someone who'd miss out on two festivals if it came in now) 

As double jabbed can still pass it on occasionally, it makes sense if only double jabbed pass it to each other if that makes sense 

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

Yeah it's the only way (and I say that as someone who'd miss out on two festivals if it came in now) 

As double jabbed can still pass it on occasionally, it makes sense if only double jabbed pass it to each other if that makes sense 

As has been said this is more than enough warning now so I reckon most will take this on board earlier on than leave it 2 months 

Good news about the double jabbed gigs/festivals/large sporting events but I hope it doesn’t come in sooner than September as I have 2 festivals and 3 gigs in August that I want to attend and my 2nd jab isn’t until the end of August so hoping they keep the negative test as an entry option for now as it would be a bit unfair on people that haven’t even had the chance to have both doses yet. 

4 minutes ago, foolee said:

Good news about the double jabbed gigs/festivals/large sporting events but I hope it doesn’t come in sooner than September as I have 2 festivals and 3 gigs in August that I want to attend and my 2nd jab isn’t until the end of August so hoping they keep the negative test as an entry option for now as it would be a bit unfair on people that haven’t even had the chance to have both doses yet. 

It would be unfair on you, but not me as I made  my own decision to wait for my first for various reasons. 

I won't ever use my vaccine passport so I'm hoping for a few weeks reprieve before it actually comes in! 

To be fair I can guarantee I'll get Leeds in as they won't be doing it considering the demographic legitimately won't have all had chance 

Edited by efcfanwirral

30 minutes ago, foolee said:

I’m guessing this news has come out now because it gives people a fair amount of time to go get vaxed before it comes in to play. No excuses come end of September - if you didn’t get vaxed then that’s on you. 

21 minutes ago, foolee said:

I don't understand why they've not reduced the Pfizer/Moderna gap down to 4 weeks yet, and I wouldn't rule out that it happens before your second dose is due. It would be pretty harsh to announce something like this, and then not give people adequate time to realise "oh shit, I really do need to do this" and to get a jab (at worst) this week in order to get fully done in time for the gig they've been looking forward to.

The 10-12, then 8 week gaps made perfect sense at the time - it helped to get more people (partially) covered sooner, the longer gap actually improved protection for AZ, and it was sensible to have a consistent set of messaging across the different products out there. But now that it's well over 8 weeks since we last gave AZ first doses (at least on any widespread basis), it's time to bring it down.

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I’m guessing this news has come out now because it gives people a fair amount of time to go get vaxed before it comes in to play. No excuses come end of September - if you didn’t get vaxed then that’s on you. 

Yeah this definitely a nudge to the 18-30 year olds to get them jabbed.

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

100% the right thing to do.

1 hour ago, Chapple12345 said:

Im glad they're going with the passport system but I do think negative tests should be included as a compromise 

I disagree. If you have a negative test on an LFT system there is 50% chance it could just be wrong. It's a waste of time unless it's a proper covid test. 

I'm interested to know how this covid passport is going down with the groups its intended to drive jab uptake in. This is a generation used to bringing an actual passport or driving licence on a night out with them, ready to be deployed in case they look younger than 27. And in certain venues, they're having their photo ID projected onto a wall and scanned into a computer.

7 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

Other side of the pond but Kanye West has an album listening party tomorrow evening at the Mercedes Benz Arena in Atlanta, GA and he's also been confirmed for Rolling Loud Festival in Miami. It sounds like there could be more announcements to come. 

image.png

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It's a Pymild!!

There’s also a cherry picker by the pyramid stage on the webcam. 

Too much of a coincidence in my book. He’s coming back.

9 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

There’s also a cherry picker by the pyramid stage on the webcam. 

Too much of a coincidence in my book. He’s coming back.

He’s even drawn a tiny Lee Nelson clambering onto the stage…

727AE44A-2D0A-47A9-81B4-16D478DC5744.jpeg

Edited by Hugh Jass
  • Upvote 1