Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

On 7/2/2021 at 1:28 PM, FloorFiller said:

Same weekend as Glastonbury so obviously not much use to most on here, but this lineup is pretty sweet if this kind of stuff is your thing (which it is for me). Gonna keep my eye on it in the case of not getting a G ticket:

8A5C36C9-9CA8-4766-BA88-4A9211AAABC0.jpeg

I love Nothing! Why does it have to be the same weekend as Glasto?! 😭

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Looking at that lineup makes me realise I am far, far too old for that sort of thing these days.

I’m going to one in September and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t have quite a bit of fear of how I’m gonna hold up after two years off. Got an inkling that it may end up being a ‘yeah I’m done with this kind of thing’ kind of send off.

On 7/4/2021 at 6:57 PM, mark_87 said:

Anyone else got tickets for any of the Edinburgh Summer Sessions gigs in August? Will they go ahead?.. I'm not seeing any announcements either way... I have tickets for the Michael Kiwanuka gig on the 9th... 

Just been canned

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ-m3YOtblz/?utm_medium=copy_link

27 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Nation of Language

Leeds Hyde Park Book Club, 27 Jan
Glasgow Broadcast, 28
Dublin The Grand Social, 29
Manchester YES The Basement, 30
London Lafayette, 31

Is Lafayette a new venue? I hadn’t heard of it until a few weeks ago but I’ve seen quite a lot of acts being announced for there since then.

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

Is Lafayette a new venue? I hadn’t heard of it until a few weeks ago but I’ve seen quite a lot of acts being announced for there since then.

It is fairly new, yes. if I remember correctly it opened just before the pandemic. it was opened by Ben Lovett, one of Mumford’s Sons (not the banjo one 😕) - he also had a big role in opening Omeara 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, internetjef said:

Interested in that Royal Blood Bristol gig. If anyone has bought royal blood album through their own website direct (meaning you were sent a promo code), that you aren’t planning to use, I would be extremely grateful if they could pm me 

I got sent one earlier today you can have. Will pm it over now 🙂 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I’m going to one in September and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t have quite a bit of fear of how I’m gonna hold up after two years off. Got an inkling that it may end up being a ‘yeah I’m done with this kind of thing’ kind of send off.

I’m feeling the same. The last time I went to a rave I was in my late 20s and now I’m 30. Covid has prematurely aged me.  Not sure I’m up to partying all night  anymore. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-57734078

Big stars to play small shows as live music returns

Some of music's biggest stars will squeeze into the UK's smallest venues this summer, in an attempt to revive the grassroots music scene.

Sir Tom Jones will play the 800-seat Cambridge Junction, while Rag 'n' Bone Man will entertain 250 fans in the Tunbridge Wells Forum.