Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

20 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

So I assume that James gig is off?

I’d already decided to leave it as late as possible before looking at tickets.

The next 48 hours or so are going to be quite chaotic for organisers who'd banked on 21/06 being the relaxation date. We should expect a raft of cancellations now. Personally, I think everything in June and July is in the bin now. It's a pessimistic view but it's more to do with the reliability of those in charge, than anything. How could anyone possibly organise anything with such a lack of certainty, guidance or support? What an absolute clusterfuck of a situation.

8 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

The next 48 hours or so are going to be quite chaotic for organisers who'd banked on 21/06 being the relaxation date. We should expect a raft of cancellations now. Personally, I think everything in June and July is in the bin now. It's a pessimistic view but it's more to do with the reliability of those in charge, than anything. How could anyone possibly organise anything with such a lack of certainty, guidance or support? What an absolute clusterfuck of a situation.

From a purely selfish perspective I’m trying to organise a stag for the weekend of 31st July and trying to book or arrange anything is fucking impossible.

Gonna be a real seat of the pants job.

thought my July 3rd gig was a bit pessimistic but thought my Squid gig on the 17th might survive. Was supposed to happen March 21st 2020, if only it'd been booked for the weekend before. I'm not a "conspiricay" "nutjob" but its very hard to feel like this whole "pandemic" is not just a big whole way to stop me getting to that gig.

Just now, priest17 said:

thought my July 3rd gig was a bit pessimistic but thought my Squid gig on the 17th might survive. Was supposed to happen March 21st 2020, if only it'd been booked for the weekend before. I'm not a "conspiricay" "nutjob" but its very hard to feel like this whole "pandemic" is not just a big whole way to stop me getting to that gig.

7F7D334C-98FF-4F42-AE79-0D1EC0605906.jpeg

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

From a purely selfish perspective I’m trying to organise a stag for the weekend of 31st July and trying to book or arrange anything is fucking impossible.

Gonna be a real seat of the pants job.

What are you hoping to plan? A UK-based stag? I'm pretty confident that pubs and clubs will be open by then (Boris would get lynched if there was another delay beyond 19/07). It's just the events that have the infrastructure builds that are fucked. I say get something booked mate, I think we all need to latch onto something right now

5 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

What are you hoping to plan? A UK-based stag? I'm pretty confident that pubs and clubs will be open by then (Boris would get lynched if there was another delay beyond 19/07). It's just the events that have the infrastructure builds that are fucked. I say get something booked mate, I think we all need to latch onto something right now

I’ve tried to keep it as low key as possible. Never had any intention of going away or doing anything elaborate that needed putting money down in advance, it was just too risky. So I made a point of booking a basic skeleton of a weekend around stuff that you could do in restrictions.

It’s gonna take place here in London, I’ve booked a pub beer garden out for the Saturday and maybe (if they’re open) end up in an indie club somewhere. I’ve booked pubs for the the night before and a few tables in our favourite curry house.

There’s no real need to make it any more elaborate than that. If anything the best thing is just getting everyone together for the first time in over a year.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’ve tried to keep it as low key as possible. Never had any intention of going away or doing anything elaborate that needed putting money down in advance, it was just too risky. So I made a point of booking a basic skeleton of a weekend around stuff that you could do in restrictions.

It’s gonna take place here in London, I’ve booked a pub beer garden out for the Saturday and maybe (if they’re open) end up in an indie club somewhere. I’ve booked pubs for the the night before and a few tables in our favourite curry house.

There’s no real need to make it any more elaborate than that. If anything the best thing is just getting everyone together for the first time in over a year.

Mate, that sounds like the weekend of the year, to be honest. And, in the grand scheme of things, it's not that far away. I'm confident that it'll go ahead...and be tremendous

kegbarney.gif

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, discgoesmic said:

Absolutely love the look of these - I saw him with the Sleeping Souls in Cardiff in Feb 2019 and a virtual gig in November last year and both were incredible. These are the same dates as the potential Glastonbury weekend in September which is the only thing putting me off booking (I live 15 min from Worthy Farm).

Yea we did both of those and watched his sets on Thursday nights on youtube. 

Contemplated the Glastonbury thing but if we didn't get tix or lineup wasn't that good and we missed out on Frank Turner's gigs because of it I'd be gutted, it's our first gig of a few we've booked so far so played safe 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Lucy Dacus, the American singer-songwriter confirms UK & Ireland shows for March 2022,

Glasgow Saint Luke’s, 20 March
Dublin The Button Factory, 21
Manchester Gorilla, 23
Bristol SWX, 24
London O2 Forum Kentish Town, 25

21 hours ago, zahidf said:

Lucy Dacus, the American singer-songwriter confirms UK & Ireland shows for March 2022,

Glasgow Saint Luke’s, 20 March
Dublin The Button Factory, 21
Manchester Gorilla, 23
Bristol SWX, 24
London O2 Forum Kentish Town, 25

Leeds added on the 18th too 

11 hours ago, zero000 said:

New Yves Tumor tour for March 2022 to go along with the new single: https://www.gigwise.com/news/3399938/yves-tumor-shares-visceral-new-single--jackie--and-announces-a-tour-

Great that he’s playing Bristol though I’ve never heard of that venue. 

It’s a new one near where Bierkeller was round the corner from Rough Trade,they opened last Summer but have obviously had trouble with lockdown. They seem to have a fair bit of backing though and have had some big DJ bookings. I think they’re something to do with Noods Radio although I’m not 100%, they’re worth checking out though!

Edited by Mouseboy11

Woo! Just booked for Belle & Sebastian in Liverpool next Feb. It will be my first time seeing them and they have been on my list for about 13 years. Buzzing to have some gigs lined up for the winter. Little Simz in Feb and hopefully I'll be able to pick up a Wolf Alice ticket nearer the time in Jan as they flew off the shelves.

16 hours ago, zero000 said:

New Yves Tumor tour for March 2022 to go along with the new single: https://www.gigwise.com/news/3399938/yves-tumor-shares-visceral-new-single--jackie--and-announces-a-tour-

Great that he’s playing Bristol though I’ve never heard of that venue. 

Its a new one, finished renovating mid way through the pandemic. Very close to the lanes and rough trade Bristol.