Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

can't remember if this was posted, but WARGASM have rescheduled their socially distanced brum gig from earlier in the year to next week. Now it's a warm up for Download.

I've bought tickets now I know it's definitely going ahead.

The Weather Station, the Canadian folk music band fronted by Tamara Lindeman will head to the UK & Ireland in March 2022,

Brighton Komedia, 15 March
Bristol Thekla, 16
Manchester The Deaf Institute, 17
Dublin The Workmans Club, 18
Glasgow Mono Kings Court, 21
Leeds Brudenell Social Club, 22
London Scala, 23

On 6/5/2021 at 9:25 PM, Hugh Jass said:

Fucking hell mate, it was just a joke.

I remember having a few posts in a row basically rubbished purely for liking the 'wrong' bands a few years ago, a couple of those by yourself - didn't exactly feel the most welcome so only visited intermittently since. I know everyone does it with the likes of Coldplay to be fair but I couldn't go any topic mentioning certain bands without seeing you making a point of posting and turning your nose up at it. Seeing that just made me bite a bit. Apologies on my part, a bit daft looking back at it now.

On a related note... open goal for you up there ^^^ 😬

Edited by EamerRed

@EamerRed - I'm actually in agreement to be honest.

Yes, I know it's always in jest. But there's a few users on here (not necessarily even Hugh) that, in my opinion, kind of ruin the forum in general and I've spent about a year away for that reason. I've started lurking again more recently but, even so, have avoided posting in here and am probably going to focus on the Green Man and Primavera threads for a while.

It probably doesn't help that being stuck inside so much over the last year is potentially having slightly more of an impact on how things are taken but that's just my two cents.

54 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

I remember having a few posts in a row basically rubbished purely for liking the 'wrong' bands a few years ago, a couple of those by yourself - didn't exactly feel the most welcome so only visited intermittently since. I know everyone does it with the likes of Coldplay to be fair but I couldn't go any topic mentioning certain bands without seeing you making a point of posting and turning your nose up at it. Seeing that just made me bite a bit. Apologies on my part, a bit daft looking back at it now.

On a related note... open goal for you up there ^^^ 😬

To be fair this has all come out of what I thought was a fairly harmless little joke about The Wombats somehow playing the O2.

We do get a little bit giddy on here at times “roasting” acts but ultimately this is a music forum and to be honest slagging off the stuff you may not like is half of the fun. If we all liked the stuff or just agreed that everything was great it’d get rather dull. Plenty of stuff I like gets slated on here, the trick is to just embrace it.

Even most of the “roasting” is pretty tame, more mild poking than outright hatred. There probably is a degree of snobbery, but I think when push comes to shove everyone does respect everyone else’s right to enjoy what they want to.

(Except for the Chilli Peppers, they can just fuck right off)

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

@EamerRed - I'm actually in agreement to be honest.

Yes, I know it's always in jest. But there's a few users on here (not necessarily even Hugh) that, in my opinion, kind of ruin the forum in general and I've spent about a year away for that reason. I've started lurking again more recently but, even so, have avoided posting in here and am probably going to focus on the Green Man and Primavera threads for a while.

It probably doesn't help that being stuck inside so much over the last year is potentially having slightly more of an impact on how things are taken but that's just my two cents.

Embrace it. My music taste is great, everyone else knows fuck all. Let them have their joke funny, I know I'm in the right.

What's that? Another dig at something I like?

SmartSelect_20200904-175702_Chrome.gif.caed864fde44c4ce27199608661a0167.gif

21 hours ago, scattered_screens said:

Big thief are such an excellent band, think I'll do both Manchester and Bristol and hope they continue to keep setlists varied. 

I’m sure a friend saw them on the U.F.O.F tour and said they played two songs from that album before they basically rattled through pretty much the whole of Two Hands six months before it was released. And blew everyone away.

Hoping they’ll be booked for the Park again next year.

1 hour ago, Ryan1984 said:

I’m sure a friend saw them on the U.F.O.F tour and said they played two songs from that album before they basically rattled through pretty much the whole of Two Hands six months before it was released. And blew everyone away.

Hoping they’ll be booked for the Park again next year.

Yeah they're known for playing new songs, some two hands songs were played as early as 2017! These new shows are probably behind a yet to be announced album, they just haven't took a press shoot or whatever yet.

13 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

To be fair this has all come out of what I thought was a fairly harmless little joke about The Wombats somehow playing the O2.

We do get a little bit giddy on here at times “roasting” acts but ultimately this is a music forum and to be honest slagging off the stuff you may not like is half of the fun. If we all liked the stuff or just agreed that everything was great it’d get rather dull. Plenty of stuff I like gets slated on here, the trick is to just embrace it.

Even most of the “roasting” is pretty tame, more mild poking than outright hatred. There probably is a degree of snobbery, but I think when push comes to shove everyone does respect everyone else’s right to enjoy what they want to.

(Except for the Chilli Peppers, they can just fuck right off)

Also in fairness, I downvoted it on a whim, I don't even love the Wombats! - the only reason this got brought up was because someone else challenged it. I wouldn't have exactly come out with all this if they hadn't done so.

I'm glad at least one other person feels the same way, but also, I'm definitely guilty of music snobbery myself on certain bands, I'm sure we all are. It just happened so ridiculously often, literally every mention of certain acts - if this is a music forum where people come to discuss their faves, then a bit of poking fun is gonna happen, but I have to disagree with the bit in bold because that just doesn't happen. Having certain ones 'banned' from discussion without a pile on about how shit they are - well then you're going to exclude people.

Anyways last I'll mention of it - I wish I hadn't bitten and I've genuinely enjoyed your other posts outside of this tragic little bugbear of mine 🍻

Edited by EamerRed

On 6/8/2021 at 9:32 AM, scattered_screens said:

Big thief are such an excellent band, think I'll do both Manchester and Bristol and hope they continue to keep setlists varied. 

very tempted by the Big Thief tour. I don’t know whether to go standing or seated however. are the seating options good at Shepherd’s Bush or should I stick to standing?

2 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

very tempted by the Big Thief tour. I don’t know whether to go standing or seated however. are the seating options good at Shepherd’s Bush or should I stick to standing?

I did seated at the Hammersmith Apollo and it was fine. They have a slot of slower songs so it didnt really detract imo.