Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

13 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'm hoping there will be some more certainty for 2022 and they can get rid of the dilution of the lineup caused by the two main stage setup, which was clearly hedging their bets that tents wouldn't be allowed but outdoor stages would (and to be fair it might still pay off). 

They've been working on the two main stages for years. I don't think Festival Republic created COVID-19 to push the necessity with the council. Not at all.

4 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

...and yet Foals have never headlined the O2 😞

The Wombats to not headline Glastonbury. CONFIRMED!

This song was brought out in 2015. Look at the Reading main stage crowd eating it up.

The Wombats are clearly big and not in a 2008 nostalgia trip kinda way either. They've done arenas in this country last one or two tours. I think they'll eventually seal the slowest ever ascent to Reading Festival headline status in the next few years.

The Wombats did Wembley Arena on the last tour.

The Reading Fest crowds are absolutely huge for them and they seem to be picking up newer fans all the time. I read an article about how their label has been pretty good at pushing their back catalogue on key streaming playlists (e.g. "Alexa play indie") which has helped them keep increasing their monthly listeners (that all important metric nowadays).

Also, Greek Tragedy was absolutely massive on TikTok.

couldn't believe the size of the Wombat's crowd when we entered from the back at Reading 18. Figured they were way past their popularity peak at that point. Hard to make an exact comparison, but it reminded me of when I was a student and certain 80s and 90s bands were just beloved again by people that weren't there the first time. Like the 04 Morrissey revival. Student nights likely the culprit.

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'm hoping there will be some more certainty for 2022 and they can get rid of the dilution of the lineup caused by the two main stage setup, which was clearly hedging their bets that tents wouldn't be allowed but outdoor stages would (and to be fair it might still pay off). 

I can see it coming. The Wombats and Royal Blood co-headline. BMTH and Paramore then Billie

18 hours ago, FakeEmpire said:

The Wombats did Wembley Arena on the last tour.

The Reading Fest crowds are absolutely huge for them and they seem to be picking up newer fans all the time. I read an article about how their label has been pretty good at pushing their back catalogue on key streaming playlists (e.g. "Alexa play indie") which has helped them keep increasing their monthly listeners (that all important metric nowadays).

Also, Greek Tragedy was absolutely massive on TikTok.

This is absolutely fascinating. I remember the wombats coming out with their debut when I was a teenager and me and my mates mercilessly taking the piss out of how crap we thought they were. I thought they were destined for the scrap heap. Good effort from their PR team. 

On 6/4/2021 at 4:33 PM, henry bear said:

And you downvote if they don’t 

That wasn't specifically to do with that band. Just think constantly belittling bands who are infinitely more successful than certain posters will ever be, along with their fans, is tedious, exclusive and boring. I was far more active years ago and it happened then, if anyone dared talk about certain acts. Not exactly a welcoming place in those instances, it's just music snobbery.

Edited by EamerRed

5 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

That wasn't specifically to do with that band. Just think constantly belittling bands who are infinitely more successful than certain posters will ever be, along with their fans, is tedious, exclusive and boring. I was far more active years ago and it happened then, if anyone dared talk about certain acts. Not exactly a welcoming place in those instances, it's just music snobbery.

Fucking hell mate, it was just a joke.