Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

The last major u.s line up for the year

134AD99A-A4E7-462C-9C28-9E2EABF9FD59.png

See for me I've got up to 6 acts in the big part and 3 of the large acts but maybe two at the time. Not a festival that would have had my money though. And yes it would be pointless trying to get attention for this or nearly any American lineup among the majority of a Glastonbury thread and I'm not for most of those tastes. I probably like more there than they do.

Also, a while back I did ask you what festival in the stages you rate to give a go while talking Coachella but you may not have seen it.

4 hours ago, thewayiam said:

See for me I've got up to 6 acts in the big part and 3 of the large acts but maybe two at the time. Not a festival that would have had my money though. And yes it would be pointless trying to get attention for this or nearly any American lineup among the majority of a Glastonbury thread and I'm not for most of those tastes. I probably like more there than they do.

Also, a while back I did ask you what festival in the stages you rate to give a go while talking Coachella but you may not have seen it.

And ACL sold out both of its weekends. Dont doubt texans and their love of country and no covid restrictions.

And I think I missed it or had a response but mightve lost the post. 

Depends on your tastes really. If youre looking to mirror glasto its gonna depend on which part of it you want. Bonnaroo is the one most americans will tell you is most like it cause they refer to the location as “the farm”. ( we all know the real farm ) Its all camping, goes 5 days and goes late every night. But the weather wont be agreeable.  I like Outside Lands because its in San Francisco so the weather is much better. The sound can be questionable which is to blame by the locals cause theyre all rich and want less noise. Bottlerock is in Napa so north of SF and they can get good line ups but the crowd is not the best since its in wine country and you get people who are up their own ass. Life Is Beautiful is in Vegas and is a fun mid size fest and is put together by the same people who promote Outside Lands. Stay away from Lolla, you dont want a part of that. Pitchfork is a fun weekend since its smaller and youre going to able to see pretty much everyone. Youll get good value out of the ticket price and its a reflection of the music website pretty much. The weather will kill you though, so if you cant stand heat and humidity, dont bother. Riot Fest is like if you took the best bits of Download and Reading then added randomness like the Village People in there and some surprise reunions too. iii Points in Florida is eclectic and has lots of electronic leanings if thats your thing. Desert Daze is another southern california one and has lots of diff kinds of music but they focus on some more experimental stuff but will have a decent number of names you might know in there mixed in. There are a lot of single day niche/genre based fests that happen and its a lot to list but this covers most of  the bases. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

George Strait!?

Rufus Du Sol?!

Another one with a few gems throughout and then a ton of shite or stuff I’ve never heard of. 

For my personal taste, both Pitchfork and Riot Fest! have knocked it out of the park, and the rest have all been pretty piss weak.

Rufus are pretty big in america & aus but have never really taken off over here unfortunately...

Even so, would have thought they were placed a bit high here....

3 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Rufus are pretty big in america & aus but have never really taken off over here unfortunately...

Even so, would have thought they were placed a bit high here....

Not really. Theyre high at a couple other festivals and in Los Angeles they have 3 stadium dates in nov of which they sold out 2 of them in a day and the 3rd will sell out by the time the shows roll around. I thought this was supposed to be a good thing that u.s. fests give electronic acts that arent top 40 radio friendly djs good placement.

9 hours ago, Suprefan said:

And ACL sold out both of its weekends. Dont doubt texans and their love of country and no covid restrictions.

And I think I missed it or had a response but mightve lost the post. 

Depends on your tastes really. If youre looking to mirror glasto its gonna depend on which part of it you want. Bonnaroo is the one most americans will tell you is most like it cause they refer to the location as “the farm”. ( we all know the real farm ) Its all camping, goes 5 days and goes late every night. But the weather wont be agreeable.  I like Outside Lands because its in San Francisco so the weather is much better. The sound can be questionable which is to blame by the locals cause theyre all rich and want less noise. Bottlerock is in Napa so north of SF and they can get good line ups but the crowd is not the best since its in wine country and you get people who are up their own ass. Life Is Beautiful is in Vegas and is a fun mid size fest and is put together by the same people who promote Outside Lands. Stay away from Lolla, you dont want a part of that. Pitchfork is a fun weekend since its smaller and youre going to able to see pretty much everyone. Youll get good value out of the ticket price and its a reflection of the music website pretty much. The weather will kill you though, so if you cant stand heat and humidity, dont bother. Riot Fest is like if you took the best bits of Download and Reading then added randomness like the Village People in there and some surprise reunions too. iii Points in Florida is eclectic and has lots of electronic leanings if thats your thing. Desert Daze is another southern california one and has lots of diff kinds of music but they focus on some more experimental stuff but will have a decent number of names you might know in there mixed in. There are a lot of single day niche/genre based fests that happen and its a lot to list but this covers most of  the bases. 

Great read up. I noticed you didnt quote Coachella lol. I'd see Riot! as being most likely for me.

It amuses how you say just no for Lolla.

October Drift gig review for @crazyfool1 - It was soooo good to be back at a live gig, even queuing up outside was fun. I didn't even mind the socially distant seating as much as I thought I would, probably as I was at the front anyway. And no masks required (Which seems odd as it was enforced in a more socially distanced cinema earlier). And it's a luxury for the App based drinks ordering delivered right to your seat, so you don't have to miss any of the set. Jack Conman the support has a good voice, very quiet compared to October Drift. I loved their energy, for that alone I really enjoyed the gig. He reminds me a little of Angus Young. I don't know their music so I only liked some of their stuff. I'm sure you'll enjoy, the crowd was well up for it.

OD1.JPG

OD2.JPG

IMG_0887.jpg

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

1 hour ago, found home in 2009 said:

I loved that album. Considering they supposedly had the largest ever crowd at Pyramid it's a shame this anniversary couldn't be celebrated with a good Glastonbury slot.

I'm mildly grumpy about this.  Booked to see them on the original tour, meant to be in spring 2020 and obviously leaning heavily on the new album.  Having seen them on the LTL anniversary tours in 2011 and 2016 (yes I know, get a life etc) I was really looking forward to the new material being given a stretch and probably a  bit more of a varied set than on the anniversary tours. 

If they just end up doing what they did on the previous tours (album, b-sides and a handful of others) rather than focusing on Peace and a bit of variety it's going to feel seriously underwhelming. And I say that as a massive fan.

21 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Same weekend as the potential even on the Farm.

Dang... That said he might be down for the second day.

Anyone been WHP before? I'm interested in this / a couple of the other nights / some previous line ups but heard mixed reviews on the event itself. Security / crowd in particular aren't often spoke of in glowing terms?