Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Cancelled outright?

Dang. Was hoping for a reschedule.

Yep, message below;

‘We're disappointed to cancel our 2021 dates, but we look forward to returning to Europe and the UK in 2022.’

So it sounds like they're planning on coming back next year, just maybe not to Brixton. Refunds being processed.

10 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Highly inevitable, but The National gigs have been cancelled.

Gutted about this, one of my favourite bands playing in my favourite venue. Hopefully they give Brixton another go next year.

Ours has been rescheduled to 10th June 2022, sure yours has not just been postponed too?

Ah, just saw your reply. That sucks 😞

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

Just now, SwedgeAntilles said:

Ours has been rescheduled to 10th June 2022, sure yours has not just been postponed too?

Yep, outright cancelled;

The following event has been cancelled:

The National - Artist Presale
at O2 Academy Brixton
on Wed May 26, 2021 at 7:00 PM

Order Confirmation Number:
xxx

‘We're disappointed to cancel our 2021 dates, but we look forward to returning to Europe and the UK in 2022.’

The tickets you purchased will be automatically refunded to the credit card used to make the purchase. Please allow 15 days for your bank to process the refund to your account.

If you purchased your tickets in person from a venue box office or outlet, please return to the point of sale for your refund.

Thank you for choosing TicketWeb!

11 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Yep, message below;

So it sounds like they're planning on coming back next year, just maybe not to Brixton. Refunds being processed.

If they’re planning to return to The UK then why not keep the Brixton dates? 

I reckon (hope)...

New album, bigger tour, Other stage headliners 

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

I reckon (hope)...

Brixton might be booked up? Didn’t Doves have issues rescheduling their tour and have to change a few venues.

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

I reckon (hope)...

Is it a stretch that they may be supporting Taylor on a few UK dates so dropped their London date?

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Is it a stretch that they may be supporting Taylor on a few UK dates so dropped their London date?

Yeah I really don’t see that being the case. Like, I know there’s been a colliding of worlds now between the two acts, but somehow I don’t see Swift fans being down for an hour of mopey indie rock before seeing her. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

They must have festival on the cards - would be an easy win for APE and it will be a few since they last played that field by the time 2022 rolls around. 

Yeah APE seems like the obvious choice considering the London cancellation. Guessing they’ll be doing Primavera etc as well so APE as part of that whilst promoting a new album makes total sense.

47 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I really don’t see that being the case. Like, I know there’s been a colliding of worlds now between the two acts, but somehow I don’t see Swift fans being down for an hour of mopey indie rock before seeing her. 

At this point people wouldnt mind if Kanye was opening.