Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

So what's the longest y'all have waited on news for a gig?

I had one reschedule in August last year. Still no new date, and no opportunity of refunds. 

I was annoyed I've had no news about when the Big Moon's Glasgow gig will be rescheduled, but that was meant to be March this year (after being postponed from last year already), so yours is definitely worse.

6 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

I was annoyed I've had no news about when the Big Moon's Glasgow gig will be rescheduled, but that was meant to be March this year (after being postponed from last year already), so yours is definitely worse.

Slightly different - have news on Teenage Fanclub. However, not only has it moved from a Sat night to a week night, it's also moved from Bristol to Bath (the former not being ideal as I live in London!). 

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

Slightly different - have news on Teenage Fanclub. However, not only has it moved from a Sat night to a week night, it's also moved from Bristol to Bath (the former not being ideal as I live in London!). 

I know it can't be easy for bookers trying to reorganise everything, but changing the city a gig is in is taking the piss.

4 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

I know it can't be easy for bookers trying to reorganise everything, but changing the city a gig is in is taking the piss.

I feel a bit like I 've bought one of those Ryanair flights where it transpires the airport is nowhere near the city advertised (I remember reading about one where it was actually in a different country!).

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

In terms of longest wait for a gig... Assuming that they actually happen this year it’ll be three years between booking tickets for Reg’s farewell tour and him actually playing.

its a sad sad situation.... and its getting more and more absurd.

6 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Still no word on the National Brixton gigs that are meant to be happening next month.

Yeah it's an odd one this considering it's 100% not happening next month. Would have thought by now they'd have either had alternative dates in the bag or outright cancelled.

5 hours ago, Johnkhutch said:

Yeah it's an odd one this considering it's 100% not happening next month. Would have thought by now they'd have either had alternative dates in the bag or outright cancelled.

Same situation over here. Rescheduled date is 29th May, and the promoter even sent out an email last week saying that they weren't cancelling it yet but had already started looking into alternative dates and tickets would remain valid etc. etc. But in general it seems like the band/promoters are keen to give it as much time as possible before cancelling outright.

Ditto Faith No More. I have tickets for the Birmingham Academy show which was rescheduled to June 11 but no communication at all for months. I'm sure they're just trying to make rescheduled dates work, it must be a logistical nightmare with venues, trying to rearrange an entire european tour. Even more difficult if it coincided with festival season. I'd like to think we'll find out in the next week or so. I hope they do reschedule, seeing FNM in a relatively small venue like this again would be fantastic.

15 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

So what's the longest y'all have waited on news for a gig?

I had one reschedule in August last year. Still no new date, and no opportunity of refunds. 

In terms of 'forgotten' gigs, Berwyn had a socially distanced tour planned in December last year. I had tickets for the Bristol show & it's been silent ever since.

It was never even officially cancelled/postponed. It was obviously not going ahead due to tier restrictions, but it was only after emailing the ticket agent that I eventually got a response *after* the planned show to say it would be rescheduled at some point in the future.

Complete radio silence since - nothing on social media from the artist or the ticket sellers. I emailed again pointing out that presumably any reschedule would take place between 17th May & 21st June and just got a copy + paste response saying a rescheduled date will be announced in the future.

I'm assuming it's been canned but who knows when the refund option will become available.