Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Ezra has tunes plural and is bland af.

Capaldi has tune singular and people find him amusing. 

The latter may be enough to bump him up to headline status.....but as I said the novelty may wear off.

The novelty may well wear off, but I’d say Capaldi is arguably a bigger “star” now than either Sheeran or Ezra at this stage of their careers.

The boy sold out two nights at the O2 in seconds recently, so the appetite right now is certainly there.

Maybe reaching here....but his deliberately unambitious and 'I'm just like one of you' vibe is the exact opposite of what the bookers of the world's biggest music festival are looking for in a headliner. I'd put faith in Emily that - even if he's doing stadiums on his own momentum - he still wouldn't meet the criteria.

33 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Maybe reaching here....but his deliberately unambitious and 'I'm just like one of you' vibe is the exact opposite of what the bookers of the world's biggest music festival are looking for in a headliner. I'd put faith in Emily that - even if he's doing stadiums on his own momentum - he still wouldn't meet the criteria.

If the festival was on this year I’d be sticking him on the Sunday after Diana. If he’s touring festivals extensively next summer as part of album #2 then he may not even be about in 23. If he plays then you’re probably looking at a sub.

5 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Sheeran is about as good a pop songwriter there has been in the last 10 years or so, I don't really think him and Capaldi are comparable outside of being young lads with guitars.

They are comparable, both of them (and Ezra) are ostensibly earnest young singer/songwriters who have managed to break beyond the indie/Absolute Radio scene into the mainstream proper. 

5 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

That poster serves as another reminder of how far Ash’s stock has fallen.

I wouldn't say this. Travis a fair few years back now are from there and only play one place higher in Tuts. It's a big tent from what I remember.

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I thought the whole thing had a pretty good ‘shite music for shit people’ targeting thing going on. 

It's certainly not a great output.

There are 15 or so efest members  going to the rhythm of the 90s in Manchester on the 6th Nov .... if anyone is around manchester and fancies going us to say hello a few of us will be around on the friday night too 🙂  🙂 .... Ive also got Showhawk duo in Bristol and Beautiful days booked .... Dont forget to use the efest links ....

https://www.rot90s.com

21 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

20210327_141010.jpg

Dunno when it's on sale, but as The Mill is a small place, if anyone wants to improve their chances of a ticket, go for tuesday the 22nd, as England are playing in the Euros that night.