Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

4 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Is Chalk what used to be the Haunt? That will be a great gig!

Yeah! Not in the same location but run by the same team, as far as I know. Never been before but have tickets for Oh Sees, Squid, Celeste and BC,NR there, so to see The Cribs there would be mad!

25 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Yeah! Not in the same location but run by the same team, as far as I know. Never been before but have tickets for Oh Sees, Squid, Celeste and BC,NR there, so to see The Cribs there would be mad!

I'm trying to remember now if I've been there since it changed from Haunt to Chalk. My timelines over the last year or so are completely buggered!

Going to aim for a ticket for that tho

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Didn't realise he was Bono's son so yeah you're probably right

I didn't realise either until I stumbled across this recently and thought that sounds very like Bono, and then googled them and found out it was his son singing!

Cracking tune, and a very relevant title at the moment.  Will be interesting to hear their new material and see how they take off.

1 minute ago, circus92 said:

I didn't realise either until I stumbled across this recently and thought that sounds very like Bono, and then googled them and found out it was his son singing!

Cracking tune, and a very relevant title at the moment.  Will be interesting to hear their new material and see how they take off.

Yeah I've been following their releases for a while now and liked the sound of them but only realised until today, haha. 

Agreed, I can see them doing quite well.

29 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

She's just won that special BRIT award. Says Brum Academy 3 here, but Institute 3 on the ticket website, so who knows. I'll go if it's at the academy.

Does anyone know if they've improved the sound in Heaven?  I know more bands are playing it now, but last couple of times I've been to a gig there (been a few years now) the sound quality was shocking.  Probably fine for club nights, but one of the gigs was Airborne Toxic Event, and you couldn't make out the violin or the vocals half the time.

Would definitely like to see Griff, but currently put off due to the above.

12 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

Does anyone know if they've improved the sound in Heaven?

The last gig I went to pre-Covid was Caroline Polachek at Heaven on 11/3. From what I remember (given it was over a year ago now) the sound was good. Or more to the point, not noticeably bad. I was fairly close to the right, almost below a speaker. Watched a couple clips I took and you can hear the bass rattle but yeah, I wouldn't say the sound was awful

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Almost exactly replicating your ticket list up here in Manchester.

I presume The Oh Sees will be postponed though?

48 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

She's just won that special BRIT award. Says Brum Academy 3 here, but Institute 3 on the ticket website, so who knows. I'll go if it's at the academy.

That's really good news from the point of view that Manchester's Deaf Institute looked doomed a year ago, so it's definitely returning.

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Decent shout for Other headliner I’d say.

Other sub.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

The Roundhouse is great.

Best venue in London IMO.

I think Brixton pisses it but that's me. Don't rate The Roundhouse though, vertical beams easily get in the way and I feel outside of the gig if further back.

8 minutes ago, hhunting said:

Hope this means that they are going to do a proper tour in the UK!

Based on the absolute stinker they just put out, I'm less than keen!

Although I listened to Smash on my run the other night and it's still top drawer.

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Based on the absolute stinker they just put out, I'm less than keen!

Although I listened to Smash on my run the other night and it's still top drawer.

If it wasn't an acoustic set I would 100% be copping that ticket and checking which wheelie bin I'm meant to put vinyl in.

13 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

If it wasn't an acoustic set I would 100% be copping that ticket and checking which wheelie bin I'm meant to put vinyl in.

Haha I'm the same - I need to stay in Leeds when I go for gigs and am already heading over for Maximo Park and Cribs Crash records shows whenever they happen, would only do an offspring full gig! 

13 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

image.thumb.png.38072a765e0e1710d9b81cdc792411bc.png

I mean a week between the Liverpool and Southampton gigs currently filled by just one night at Hammersmith Apollo makes me think it won't be alone. Not been the Apollo for music - only time there was to see an all seater comedy gig in 2015. Birmingham O2 Academy interests me more if I'm honest, as that is a pretty cool venue. Sound for Chvrches there was great.

Though a friend was more excited by the idea of trying for Dublin. Which I can imagine will be a very cold holiday in January, if only as a trip there in December 2018 for a stag party proved to me that I really don't have a winter wardrobe.

Edited by charlierc

53 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I mean a week between the Liverpool and Southampton gigs currently filled by just one night at Hammersmith Apollo makes me think it won't be alone. Not been the Apollo for music - only time there was to see an all seater comedy gig in 2015. Birmingham O2 Academy interests me more if I'm honest, as that is a pretty cool venue. Sound for Chvrches there was great.

Though a friend was more excited by the idea of trying for Dublin. Which I can imagine will be a very cold holiday in January, if only as a trip there in December 2018 for a stag party proved to me that I really don't have a winter wardrobe.

The Apollo is a great venue for music, it's got fantastic acoustics imo. But obviously depends on where you live as to whether it's worth going to