Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, foolee said:

Surprisingly smaller venues for Wolf Alice, not small but smaller than I expected for them. And bigger venues than expected for Inhaler. 

Yeah I was expecting bigger for Wolf Alice but looks like they’re going down the initial wide spread smaller venue tour avenue rather than straight to four or five arenas. Expect they’ll make that jump later in the year.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, foolee said:

Surprisingly smaller venues for Wolf Alice, not small but smaller than I expected for them. And bigger venues than expected for Inhaler. 

Thought the same. Such a massive leap between an Academy and an arena that it pushes bands into a venue they're too big or too small for. Outside of London these middle size venues don't really exist. Wish NIA would do more gigs where they push the stage to the middle of the floor. Perfect bowl venue.

No London gigs on the Wolf Alice poster. I guess they'll announce allypally once these sell out.

Inhaler have a relatively low profile, but given who the singer is I'd say they're about to have a rocket strapped to their back now we're poised to get back to normal. There'll be no escaping them.

1 minute ago, Padjeq said:

Thought the same. Such a massive leap between an Academy and an arena that it pushes bands into a venue they're too big or too small for. Outside of London these middle size venues don't really exist. Wish NIA would do more gigs where they push the stage to the middle of the floor. Perfect bowl venue.

No London gigs on the Wolf Alice poster. I guess they'll announce allypally once these sell out.

Inhaler have a relatively low profile, but given who the singer is I'd say they're about to have a rocket strapped to their back now we're poised to get back to normal. There'll be no escaping them.

Wolf Alice are playing Hammersmith apollo on the tour 

Edited by zahidf

4 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

Didn't realise he was Bono's son so yeah you're probably right

Just now, nikkic said:

Wolf Alice played Ally Pally on their last tour so looks like they’re going down the “smaller venue, multiple dates” route which I’m a fan of. 

They could easily do 3-4 nights at Hammersmith. 

Yeah there's a nice big gap around the London date to add a few more nights if they need to.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Why would it be?

It seems that gigs there always seem to be seated. Like even Orbital - which you think would be a standing show so people can dance - was a seated show when they played. Gotta say tho, the Apollo is in my opinion one of the best venues in London from an acoustics perspective

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

It seems that gigs there always seem to be seated. Like even Orbital - which you think would be a standing show so people can dance - was a seated show when they played. Gotta say tho, the Apollo is in my opinion one of the best venues in London from an acoustics perspective

Since when?

I've been to at least a dozen gigs there and never once seen it seated downstairs.

22 minutes ago, Quark said:

Inhaler dropped a couple of decent tunes last year I thought. They'll prob get the extra publicity as Bono Jr but be interesting to see if they can keep churning out material to back it up.

We Have to Move On is a great song and hopefully it gets a second bite at the cherry this side of the pando

13 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

We Have to Move On is a great song and hopefully it gets a second bite at the cherry this side of the pando

Agreed. I heard it before I knew about his parentage and it jumped straight out at me, so hopefully the album can pick up from there