Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

On 3/12/2021 at 6:27 PM, charlierc said:

As June 21st is the first day of restrictions easing, I imagine rescheduling. When is a different question. Guess as Haim's UK tour was meant to be all indoors that it could be less difficult to reschedule than, say, Green Day and The Killers, which I also have tickets for but are in sports stadiums so wouldn't be easy to reschedule (indeed The Killers is a 2022 thing now).

(EDIT: Didn't realise Haim's tour includes outdoor shows in Leeds and Dublin... makes it more difficult than I thought).

Appreciate the response, thank you! It seems the O2 falls with Step 4 so June 21st is the earliest 😞

58 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Oh, looks like they're the first act confirmed for Ritual Union fest then. Wonder if this means we'll get a lineup soon...

I have tickets for that too. Looks like they have scrapped their SWX show for Ritual Union instead. Fingers crossed for some lineup news soon. 

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Oh, looks like they're the first act confirmed for Ritual Union fest then. Wonder if this means we'll get a lineup soon...

9 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

I have tickets for that too. Looks like they have scrapped their SWX show for Ritual Union instead. Fingers crossed for some lineup news soon. 

Is this not the lineup? Or was this the original 2020 lineup? I guess they'll try get as much back for that as below. 

image.png.3dc763c925c2107ee3abbbac41a38c71.png

1 hour ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Peaness have announced a show in Hackney in November. Good band. They’ve recently supported The Beths and Kero Kero Bonito.

F06406C4-4D8C-4203-98BC-71156E605233.jpeg

Second that! I first caught them on GM Rising and they were great. Our tickets for their cancelled socially distanced gig from the spring got transferred to this date by DICE a few weeks ago. 

15 hours ago, maelzoid said:

Maybe so, but what a dreadful name.

AFAIK it's a take on male privilege - the band are 3 girls from Cheshire and formed in college.

I've seen them seemingly unironically billed variously as "going to big", "on the rise", "up and coming" and "they grow on you".

As I said before, great band! 

16 hours ago, maelzoid said:

Well, They’re unlikely to get played on Radio 2 with a name like that. It’s no coincidence that people haven’t heard of Anal c**t.

They do get on 6 Music though, so swings and roundabouts!

Know what you mean though, a name like that would be a barrier to becoming chart topping monsters. Although having seen them a couple of times I really don't think that's what they're shooting for 🙂

16 hours ago, charlierc said:

I liked them when I saw them at All Points East on Strokes day 2 years ago and I do like the venue in Oxford (saw APRE there in my last gig before lockdown, if mainly as I know members of the support band)... this could be a goer.

I was at that APE set too - loved it. Saw them @ 2000 Trees as well, great stuff.