Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

13 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So uh, how about those tour announcements and upcoming gigs folks?

I’ve booked 5 gigs in the last week or so and I’m fucking excited. 

Can’t wait to have a £7 beer and have my ears blasted.

Booked glass animals for end of may at Ally Pally - they'll be moved (as will Foals at Olympia which I've got for beginning of May since last year) but I'm not missing anything!! I figured if the tickets aren't being sold because people think it'll be moved, then I'll happily part with the cash and ensure im in the room later on down the line (autumn!)

35 minutes ago, harryy said:

Booked glass animals for end of may at Ally Pally - they'll be moved (as will Foals at Olympia which I've got for beginning of May since last year) but I'm not missing anything!! I figured if the tickets aren't being sold because people think it'll be moved, then I'll happily part with the cash and ensure im in the room later on down the line (autumn!)

Exactly my thinking. Worst case scenario for me would be everything going ahead, but NOT having a ticket because it's all sold out!

42 minutes ago, harryy said:

I'm going to this too but keep thinking about maybe trying for the Brixton gig instead, especially as it's after June 21st. But then they might just move all the dates =/. Foals as first gig post-lockdown would be nuts though 🤞

4 hours ago, nikkic said:

I’ve booked 5 gigs in the last week or so and I’m fucking excited. 

Can’t wait to have a £7 beer and have my ears blasted.

I wanna be going wild with booking tickets but it's a struggle because I don't know where I'll be living later this year. But then I'm worried if I hesitate, i'll be stuck with no tickets. Already regret not getting Bicep  and The National brixton tix....

Edited by Gilgamesh69

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

I'm going to this too but keep thinking about maybe trying for the Brixton gig instead, especially as it's after June 21st. But then they might just move all the dates =/. Foals as first gig post-lockdown would be nuts though 🤞

I wanna be going wild with booking tickets but it's a struggle because I don't know where I'll be living later this year. But then I'm worried if i'll hesitate, i'll be stuck with no tickets. Already regret not getting Bicep  and The National brixton tix....

Im doing both Olympia which has been booked for 18 months ish I wanna say, AND I then got brixton tickets as its my fave band and fave venue (oops.)

And I relate to the not being able to buy, I'll either be at home or uni so can look in two places but first year of uni I missed on on so many gigs because of not knowing a.) where I'd be b.) who I'd be with ! then the pandemic and now im never risking it again!

2 minutes ago, harryy said:

Im doing both Olympia which has been booked for 18 months ish I wanna say, AND I then got brixton tickets as its my fave band and fave venue (oops.)

And I relate to the not being able to buy, I'll either be at home or uni so can look in two places but first year of uni I missed on on so many gigs because of not knowing a.) where I'd be b.) who I'd be with ! then the pandemic and now im never risking it again!

Did you go to that charity gig they did early last year? Was one of the last gigs I went to pre-lockdown, but damn it was soooo good.

I think I might just try only picking up tickets for really popular events that will definitely sell out, and then waiting on the smaller gigs. Hopefully Twickets will save me when the time comes anyway. Also on that note, I've applied for uni (at 27 years old) and fucking hell, the stress is horrible. They said I should hear back from them by the end of march, but this feels like the longest month ever...

18 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I wanna be going wild with booking tickets but it's a struggle because I don't know where I'll be living later this year. But then I'm worried if I hesitate, i'll be stuck with no tickets. Already regret not getting Bicep  and The National brixton tix....

Twickets will be your friend - especially if you are living close enough and willing to be flexible on the day. The more e tickets are sold easier it gets too, no need for meeting people 

There are always people who can't go. I've only ever missed out on one "sold out" show I've wanted to go to 

Edited by efcfanwirral

It's great to see gigs now being rescheduled with confidence of going ahead later this year but I wonder when the new tours will really come in. A bunch of artists never announced any despite releasing in 2020. Still waiting on tours from Tame Impala (assume this would have been announced after APE), Protomartyr, Run the Jewels, King Gizz, Phoebe Bridgers, The Strokes (ok optimistic that one). Exciting times ahead.

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Did you go to that charity gig they did early last year? Was one of the last gigs I went to pre-lockdown, but damn it was soooo good.

I think I might just try only picking up tickets for really popular events that will definitely sell out, and then waiting on the smaller gigs. Hopefully Twickets will save me when the time comes anyway. Also on that note, I've applied for uni (at 27 years old) and fucking hell, the stress is horrible. They said I should hear back from them by the end of march, but this feels like the longest month ever...

One uni didn't get back to me for ages and it is absolutely the worst wait ever.

I didn't see them for the charity gig but only because had a family event! Did however see them in 2019 in the tiniest venue in hackney/dalston!

47 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It's great to see gigs now being rescheduled with confidence of going ahead later this year but I wonder when the new tours will really come in. A bunch of artists never announced any despite releasing in 2020. Still waiting on tours from Tame Impala (assume this would have been announced after APE), Protomartyr, Run the Jewels, King Gizz, Phoebe Bridgers, The Strokes (ok optimistic that one). Exciting times ahead.

this is such a good and exciting point.

Phoebe, tame impala, (even the strokes) !!!! I cannot wait to see any of these live for the first time 

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

There was some mention about venues being difficult to book (Doves said it on their post for their rescheduling), so it could be a struggle for new tours, though there is in theory a whole summer of outdoor gigs 

9 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Falkirk randomly getting a hidden gem of a gig there with the additional date and Supergrass. 

Probably will end up at Manchester though slightly tempted to travel to Bristol for Manics as support

I'm going to the Norwich one so happy Blossoms are still on there 

33 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

The Killers have moved their tour to 2022 🙂

FB_IMG_1615227136855.jpg

Yeah the entire thing was before June 21st and as I imagine those selected football stadiums wouldn't have been available come August, figured this was the likeliest option.

Hopefully third time is the charm.

20 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

I'm going to the Norwich one so happy Blossoms are still on there 

Only reason I want different to them is I'm seeing their rescheduled gig in Manchester in September. I can't see Blossoms too many times though so I'll probably just go there, it's much easier 

1 hour ago, Chapple12345 said:

The Killers have moved their tour to 2022 🙂

FB_IMG_1615227136855.jpg

I'm tempted depending on ticket price to jump on the Coventry date. Been a while since I've seen The Killers albeit I heard them at Glastonbury whilst working. MSP I've seen before a couple of times but it's a no brainer of the choices.

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Falkirk randomly getting a hidden gem of a gig there with the additional date and Supergrass. 

Probably will end up at Manchester though slightly tempted to travel to Bristol for Manics as support

Got tickets for Dublin Malahide Castle so its anyone's guess who the support act will be.

9 minutes ago, sisco said:

All of them were down for last year and with that date I’ve no doubt it pretty much guarantees them

I know I can see MSP at Glastonbury but I also know they are likely a Park headliner again and I'd not trust that should I get there that a main headliner doesn't pull me away as this year I believe I was definitely seeing the headliner.

Chances are should things change I'll be able to get face value back anyway.

13 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I know I can see MSP at Glastonbury but I also know they are likely a Park headliner again and I'd not trust that should I get there that a main headliner doesn't pull me away as this year I believe I was definitely seeing the headliner.

Chances are should things change I'll be able to get face value back anyway.

I'd love them as a Park headliner, especially if at the same time as Kendrick Lamar or someone else I'm not interested in, would make my day there if it happened that way