Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

41 minutes ago, incident said:

It's not impossible I guess.

A couple of Pyramid Stage-only shows, on the Saturday and Sunday of the 3rd weekend in September (ie the anniversary of the Pilton Pop Festival).

60,000 tickets per day, no camping on site so that local hotels and campsites get some benefit. If you had say 5ish acts a day with a couple of the larger friends of the festival to headline each night (yes, Coldplay being the most obvious) and and you might even get the BBC down to cover it.

Profits to the Joint Charities and the usual local causes.

This needs to happen!!! 

45 minutes ago, incident said:

A couple of Pyramid Stage-only shows, on the Saturday and Sunday of the 3rd weekend in September (ie the anniversary of the Pilton Pop Festival).

60,000 tickets per day, no camping on site so that local hotels and campsites get some benefit. If you had say 5ish acts a day with a couple of the larger friends of the festival to headline each night (yes, Coldplay being the most obvious) and and you might even get the BBC down to cover it.

if it runs they will no doubt play a blinder ... as is always the case with Glastonbury events  🙂

1 hour ago, incident said:

Absolutely love this idea.

Add a decent premium to the ticket price * 120,000 punters over the 2 nights and you could create quite a fund for all the people who lost out this year from it not happening.  I for one would be delighted to pay whatever they ask to attend one night.

3 hours ago, circus92 said:

Absolutely love this idea.

Add a decent premium to the ticket price * 120,000 punters over the 2 nights and you could create quite a fund for all the people who lost out this year from it not happening.  I for one would be delighted to pay whatever they ask to attend one night.

I think the accountants would look at the cost of putting the super fence (although smaller radius obv ) other infra structure cots etc and say it would not work financially I’m afraid. 

19 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Have you ever moved?

Aren't USA hoping to vaccinate the adult population before we do? I can see American acts being able to travel to UK. Maybe not to Europe but I guess it depends on the type of act as to whether it's worth coming just to the UK. Lionel Richie, for instance, makes his dollar playing forests and parks around the UK and less so on European airfields.

We are projected to have enough vaccine by the end of May now instead of end of July. Everyone getting a jab is another story but with the timeline being moved up it just helps a lot for late summer/fall events to be fesasible here. And of course to have artists/crew etc to have gotten a jab also. California is bordering on 10 million doses given and thats barely having gotten more vaccine the last 2 months. Their goal alone is to ramp up to 4 -5 million doses a week which should take care of everyone by June or so if all 40 million of us got it. the Johnson and Johnson one will speed up the process anyway since its 1 dose and thats it.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

I'm wondering how long I have to buy. Ticketmaster says low availability and you can get on seetickets easy. But then you wouldn't really know see is sold out until it is.

I’d imagine Derricks Records (local to Swansea) will have tickets passed the major ticket agencies if it does sell out. Most of these Singleton Park gigs don’t sell til the last minute on past experience 

I've had quite a few clashes after rearrangement (12 rearranged gigs in 16 days now in late October/early November, with loads more still yet to be slotted in). No issues so far though with swapping or refunding tickets, although will see if that holds. Like others have said, always happy to use Twickets if there is an issue.

23 minutes ago, nikkic said:

What are London Grammar like live? 

On the fence for Ally Pally tickets today. 

Saw them headline JP tent few years ago. They were fantastic. I cried A LOT but I blame some of that on it being Sunday and being chronically hungover.

13 hours ago, ivan said:

I think the accountants would look at the cost of putting the super fence (although smaller radius obv ) other infra structure cots etc and say it would not work financially I’m afraid. 

If that was the case you wouldn't get any Hard Rock Calling or Fusion style day and weekend events at all.
Putting it on at Pilto is even cheaper because there's no ground rental.

13 hours ago, TheSheriff said:

I’d imagine Derricks Records (local to Swansea) will have tickets passed the major ticket agencies if it does sell out. Most of these Singleton Park gigs don’t sell til the last minute on past experience 

Not a usual year though I guess. People want to see live music and you won't get better value for £40 this year. 

If anyone is still looking for Ben Howard tickets I just got a pair of stalls tickets for the Saturday on Dice after getting absolutely nowhere on Ticketmaster for 25 minutes. Worth a go! London Grammar also sealed for November. I forgot how much I missed the ticket queue adrenaline.