Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

21 minutes ago, Quark said:

Not majorly tbh, although I only tend to book cheap gigs at smaller venues so my risk isn't that big.  If I end up with a couple of clashes I'll stick em on Twickets, and if I lose out then I'll just look at it as a donation to the venue.

you're skipping over the pain of having to choose there though. Only good thing about the constant delays is in the first great reschedule of covid I had like 3 assigned to the same night and choosing between them was a real problem. Probably the worst thing that happened all year.

52 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

Anybody else have the dilemma of not wanting to buy new tickets because you're worried when existing gigs will be rescheduled.

Yeah, I've already got a few clashes now. Plus I might be moving to another part of the country later in the year, but I'm not entirely sure yet. So makes booking stuff difficult

Edited by Gilgamesh69

56 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

Anybody else have the dilemma of not wanting to buy new tickets because you're worried when existing gigs will be rescheduled.

Got Foals tickets for May this year. When they cancelled last year they moved it exactly a year ahead. If that happens again will clash with Michael Kiwinuka's new tour, which I'd like to buy tickets for. So holding off until Foals announce when they're rescheduling, though knowing my luck other gig will have sold out by then.

Currently I have Newton Faulkner in Frome (rescheduled), Foals early May and Green Day in Paris (late June). I've also booked Bestival in case it does run. Not booking anything else now until I know how Foals and GD will play out.

12 minutes ago, priest17 said:

you're skipping over the pain of having to choose there though. Only good thing about the constant delays is in the first great reschedule of covid I had like 3 assigned to the same night and choosing between them was a real problem. Probably the worst thing that happened all year.

Well yeah, but that's no worse than gigs getting announced and clashing, regardless of reschedules. Worth the punt.

7 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Going by that lineup, I'm not surprised it's overlooked. 

Yeah, it's pretty grim (aside from Nile Rodgers). It looks like they're going for more of a family / Camp Bestival vibe though and so likely anything they did wouldn't appeal much.

1 hour ago, found home in 2009 said:

Got Foals tickets for May this year. When they cancelled last year they moved it exactly a year ahead. If that happens again will clash with Michael Kiwinuka's new tour, which I'd like to buy tickets for. So holding off until Foals announce when they're rescheduling, though knowing my luck other gig will have sold out by then.

Nah I think “fuck it”.

Worst case scenario is I get my money back. Gigs will be rescheduled, and when they are I’ll be there.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

not yet ... but for discussion purposes ... its beginning of sept so stands a very decent chance id say ... 

I see. Yes, it seems like they may have their pick of some interesting acts around early September. I wonder if the capacity will be increased or they use a different, larger field? How fun would it be if they just used half of the Pyramid field?

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I see. Yes, it seems like they may have their pick of some interesting acts around early September. I wonder if the capacity will be increased or they use a different, larger field? How fun would it be if they just used half of the Pyramid field?

they could put on something that is the event of the summer .... given that lots of acts will be free ... and that they can call on just about anyone ... 

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

not yet ... but for discussion purposes ... its beginning of sept so stands a very decent chance id say ... 

If it goes ahead, I could definitely see it being a large act. Maybe a friend of the festival like Chris Martin & Co? Usually, doesn't a portion of the funds go back into the village? Maybe this year, a larger event with a bigger draw could result in a higher ticket price and funds also being distributed to those whose work opportunities have been affected by the double-cancellation?  

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

If it goes ahead, I could definitely see it being a large act. Maybe a friend of the festival like Chris Martin & Co? Usually, doesn't a portion of the funds go back into the village? Maybe this year, a larger event with a bigger draw could result in a higher ticket price and funds also being distributed to those whose work opportunities have been affected by the double-cancellation?  

It's not impossible I guess.

A couple of Pyramid Stage-only shows, on the Saturday and Sunday of the 3rd weekend in September (ie the anniversary of the Pilton Pop Festival).

60,000 tickets per day, no camping on site so that local hotels and campsites get some benefit. If you had say 5ish acts a day with a couple of the larger friends of the festival to headline each night (yes, Coldplay being the most obvious) and and you might even get the BBC down to cover it.

Profits to the Joint Charities and the usual local causes.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Correct. Have tickets for the AP date, which was originally in September rather than May, so was a little disheartening to see that one get rescheduled as well.

Cool thanks. 

Don't see many acts play Brixton and then Ally Pally 2 days later, so wasn't sure if it was Ticketmaster playing mind games. 

Anyway managed to get a couple for the Ally Pally date. 

1 minute ago, incident said:

It's not impossible I guess.

A couple of Pyramid Stage-only shows, on the Saturday and Sunday of the 3rd weekend in September (ie the anniversary of the Pilton Pop Festival).

60,000 tickets per day, no camping on site so that local hotels and campsites get some benefit. If you had say 5ish acts a day with a couple of the larger friends of the festival to headline each night (yes, Coldplay being the most obvious) and and you might even get the BBC down to cover it.

Profits to the Joint Charities and the usual local causes.

I reckon that could really work! Quick, somebody post the "it's happening" gif