Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Possibly. I didn't bother looking at where they lived. But I would bet against it being Birmingham for any of them.

Really?

The OP said that Isle of Wight might lose Duran Duran - the inference being that they were not in the UK.

I pointed out that they were. When I said they were from Birmingham, my point was that they were from the UK, obviously not that they were all living it up in Birmingham... 

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Really?

The OP said that Isle of Wight might lose Duran Duran - the inference being that they were not in the UK.

I pointed out that they were. When I said they were from Birmingham, my point was that they were from the UK, obviously not that they were all living it up in Birmingham... 

I was just dicking about.

11 hours ago, henry bear said:

It’s one thing having a large proportion of the UK vaccinated by the summer, but another to think we’ll be back to unrestricted travel by then. From a logistical point of view I don’t see it being likely we’ll have large European/UK tours from overseas acts for a while yet. I reckon the Isle of Wight Festival will lose Lionel Ritchie and possibly Duran Duran. I reckon GnR will postpone for another year too.

Summed up nicely. Basically it doesn't matter what we do. It's what rules and others countries enforce that allow us to do. Bit like the euros, if they believe by June 11th they'll be able to host games across 12 countries and don't change it'll be cancelled until 2022. If they do just England as the final is here and keep testing all then it stands better but they aren't going to get anyone under 40 in the stadiums as the second vaccine even by government guides isn't until after the tournament and with the current availability it's pushing it back.

11 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Summed up nicely. Basically it doesn't matter what we do. It's what rules and others countries enforce that allow us to do. Bit like the euros, if they believe by June 11th they'll be able to host games across 12 countries and don't change it'll be cancelled until 2022. If they do just England as the final is here and keep testing all then it stands better but they aren't going to get anyone under 40 in the stadiums as the second vaccine even by government guides isn't until after the tournament and with the current availability it's pushing it back.

Surely with the Euros at least there's always more demand than supply, certainly post the group stages.

And with the capacity being restricted, then even more reason why the lack of young people won't be an impediment to it being able to go ahead and the tickets available will get sold.

Edited by xxialac

9 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Unfortunately my MCR gig falls into the same date and it seems very unlikely, bit surprised they haven't confirmed anything yet so they could just be pushing it back to like August? Realistically I'd say it's another year waiting

I've still got April gigs that need rescheduling 😬

Just now, thewayiam said:

I'm getting a ticket for Catfish in Swansea but no point until the date is moved from May.

I've got a gig the 11th April that I've heard nothing on, and one on the 6th May.

The rest have moved to November '21 and January '22.

1 minute ago, vintagelaureate said:

I've got a gig the 11th April that I've heard nothing on, and one on the 6th May.

The rest have moved to November '21 and January '22.

I've not purchased anything because of needing to then rearrange holidays dates. I saw no point based on what I don't see happening.

Even the 10% discount I got for trees to use in 48hrs has been extended for two months.

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I've not purchased anything because of needing to then rearrange holidays dates. I saw no point based on what I don't see happening.

Even the 10% discount I got for trees to use in 48hrs has been extended for two months.

I've not made any new buys - these were all done last year

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I've got February (2021) gigs that still haven't offered refunds or new dates 😬

That's shocking! Who?

6 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I've not made any new buys - these were all done last year

That's shocking! Who?

Just a few social distanced ones. There's Shame, Shirley Collins, 12 Ensemble, and GoGo Penguin. They've said they're getting postponed but would be nice if I could get a refund already...

I'm starting to wonder if social distanced gigs will just reschedule to the summer and become normal gigs though. Like I've got a social distanced BC,NR gig on June 25th, so would be silly to still be following the guidelines /if/ all restrictions have been lifted by then

38 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Surely with the Euros at least there's always more demand than supply, certainly post the group stages.

And with the capacity being restricted, then even more reason why the lack of young people won't be an impediment to it being able to go ahead and the tickets available will get sold.

Tickets for the Wembley games are already sold out. The government is talking about reopening stadia with reduced capacity by mid-May (just in time for the season to finish) so you'd expect the Wembley games to go ahead with a small number of fans.

How they manage this when they've already sold 80k tickets per match  is another question... One solution would be to cancel all overseas tickets to ensure nobody is travelling internationally to the games and then draw the UK holders at random. 

I'm hopeful I'll have had at least the first jab by the time the Euros roll around and would take my chances in the stadium if I have.

33 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Just a few social distanced ones. There's Shame, Shirley Collins, 12 Ensemble, and GoGo Penguin. They've said they're getting postponed but would be nice if I could get a refund already...

I'm starting to wonder if social distanced gigs will just reschedule to the summer and become normal gigs though. Like I've got a social distanced BC,NR gig on June 25th, so would be silly to still be following the guidelines /if/ all restrictions have been lifted by then

For the Barbican ones, theyll refund you if you email them and ask them for a refund

Anybody else have the dilemma of not wanting to buy new tickets because you're worried when existing gigs will be rescheduled.

Got Foals tickets for May this year. When they cancelled last year they moved it exactly a year ahead. If that happens again will clash with Michael Kiwinuka's new tour, which I'd like to buy tickets for. So holding off until Foals announce when they're rescheduling, though knowing my luck other gig will have sold out by then.

24 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

Anybody else have the dilemma of not wanting to buy new tickets because you're worried when existing gigs will be rescheduled.

Got Foals tickets for May this year. When they cancelled last year they moved it exactly a year ahead. If that happens again will clash with Michael Kiwinuka's new tour, which I'd like to buy tickets for. So holding off until Foals announce when they're rescheduling, though knowing my luck other gig will have sold out by then.

Not majorly tbh, although I only tend to book cheap gigs at smaller venues so my risk isn't that big.  If I end up with a couple of clashes I'll stick em on Twickets, and if I lose out then I'll just look at it as a donation to the venue.

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

Not majorly tbh, although I only tend to book cheap gigs at smaller venues so my risk isn't that big.  If I end up with a couple of clashes I'll stick em on Twickets, and if I lose out then I'll just look at it as a donation to the venue.

Not a bad way to look at it. Though def don't want to write off the Foals gig as was also using it as an excuse for a wee trip to London. And was thinking of asking for the Kiwanuka tickets for my birthday, but would feel a right dick if I did that then didn't use them

2 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

Not a bad way to look at it. Though def don't want to write off the Foals gig as was also using it as an excuse for a wee trip to London. And was thinking of asking for the Kiwanuka tickets for my birthday, but would feel a right dick if I did that then didn't use them

Am I correct that there haven't been any updates for Foals yet? I'm seeing them on the 1st May at Olympia. Surely it won't be going ahead given the venue capacity is 30k.

Edited by discgoesmic