Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

23 hours ago, stt11 said:

I worry about other people, though. Some people won’t take a jab. What if there’s undetectable pockets of Covid. Small unknown plagues, that form from large numbers, at gigs?

Even if such pockets  die out, relatively, quickly. People will die from them. I guess you’re right though. A tad obsessive!!!! Still a life’s a life. I feel bad.

I’ve got a ticket to Reading. It was thinking of that festival, that got me worrying!!!

If you're vaccinated, you'll be protected. If others refuse to have a vaccine, that's their problem.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, duke88 said:

If you're vaccinated, you'll be protected. If others refuse to have a vaccine, that's their problem.

Agreed with this. I fully believe though that everyone 18+ should receive both of their vaccinations before any larger capacity event goes ahead. At this moment all we have is a vaccine that has two parts. 

Mystery Jets tour has been postponed until April 2022 and TV Priest have announced the album release shows that were meant to be in April are now in November. TV Priest for those that don’t know them sound a little bit like Idles and there Bristol show is free so check them out if you haven’t. 

Also, Tom Grennan has announced a full UK tour in October in addition to his Alexandra Palace show. 

Ben Howard is making a comeback with "Collections from the Whiteout" which comes out this month. He's announced two dates at London Festival Hall (Saturday 18th, Sunday 19th September) and presale is tomorrow. You need to register by 5PM today for the tickets. No purchase required!

image.png.64a1dbf68f042e326bef29d201830930.png

10 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Suede, tour dates rescheduled to November 2021,

Edinburgh Usher Hall, 03 Nov
Birmingham O2 Academy, 06
Leeds O2 Academy, 09
Manchester O2 Victoria Warehouse, 10
London Alexandra Palace, 11

Man, I love a bit of the Suede but wish they were playing better venues. I feel like I peaked with seeing them at Shepherds Bush Empire in 2019 😞

On 2/28/2021 at 1:19 PM, dentalplan said:

Yah. Considering they have lots of ideas for their own side/solo projects and few for Radiohead (other than polishing old rarities), their priorities are clear. The gaps are gonna get longer between albums and I think most fans accept that this is just that point in their career now.

It's a bit like The Strokes but instead of actively hating each other, they are just happy with what they've achieved and start things up every now and then for the fans.

I hear a lot of this. Do The Strokes hate each other? If so, do we know why? I'm curious.

33 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Man, I love a bit of the Suede but wish they were playing better venues. I feel like I peaked with seeing them at Shepherds Bush Empire in 2019 😞

Yeah I saw them in Manchester Albert Hall on that tour and they were fantastic. 

Not huge on a full Coming Up show, r Victoria Warehouse for this tour, but after the drought of gigs the past year I reckon I’ll probably end up going to this, assuming a ton of other stuff doesn’t get announced that takes all my money.

I have tickets to see Children of Zeus at Troxy on Friday 12th March. It’s socially distanced with set seating in groups of 2/4/6 but obviously with current rules in place it won’t go ahead as it is indoors. 
However still no update from band / venue / ticket seller to say if cancelled or rescheduled. 
We assumed they would update once we got the roadmap announcement last week, but alas silence. 

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

What is it with so many bands playing Ally Pally at the moment.  Bloody awful venue for live music (the main hall, don't know about the Theatre)

18 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

What is it with so many bands playing Ally Pally at the moment.  Bloody awful venue for live music (the main hall, don't know about the Theatre)

Can only imagine it’s cheaper than the Wembley Arenas of the world. I’ve got a soft spot for the place as I grew up in that neck of the woods and I still can’t figure out why they get so many gigs. “Character”?

1 minute ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Can only imagine it’s cheaper than the Wembley Arenas of the world. I’ve got a soft spot for the place as I grew up in that neck of the woods and I still can’t figure out why they get so many gigs. “Character”?

The building and the view are amazing, but the sound from half way back in the main hall always sounds dreadful.  And it's a pain in the arse to get to

3 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

There aren’t too many venues of the 10-15k size in London. There are shed loads of Academy sized and smaller venues and then you’ve got the O2 and the various parks and stadia for massive gigs. But only really AP and Wembley Arena for the in between Academy and arena acts.

1 hour ago, Greenelk said:

Agreed. Been there 4-5 times and had big issues with sound at least 2 times.

Saw Interpol there once and there was absolutely NO bass. Carlos D era too. Might as well have not bothered playing.