Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

I had an even bigger rush than T-Day itself earlier... Managed to get my kids a spot to see Father Christmas at the local garden centre. Those things were like gold dust and went immediately.

How is that working whilst socially distancing ? Have they abandoned sitting on his knee ? 

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I had an even bigger rush than T-Day itself earlier... Managed to get my kids a spot to see Father Christmas at the local garden centre. Those things were like gold dust and went immediately.

Honestly, going to garden centres when they have all the Christmas set up is one of my favourite things 🤩 .. I'm a bit big to see Father Christmas now (apparently :( ) but i love it!! 

46 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I don't know about the other venues, but in London the Blondie show is all seated :(

Birmingham is the same, I noticed cardiff Motorpoint has standing and these are the cheaper tickets (£59+£6fee). I’m a bit torn as I’d prefer standing and cheaper ticket, but Birmingham so much easier for me to get to midweek

12 minutes ago, Baggins7 said:

Birmingham is the same, I noticed cardiff Motorpoint has standing and these are the cheaper tickets (£59+£6fee). I’m a bit torn as I’d prefer standing and cheaper ticket, but Birmingham so much easier for me to get to midweek

Brighton and Hull also have standing tickets. Which of those and Cardiff do you think would be best? 🤔

11 minutes ago, cdm22 said:

Blondie (and Garbage) is a fully seated gig. Rubbish! :D I'm also not paying £107 inc fees for seats near the front so that makes that decision to not go a little easier.

Hmm, but £65 inc fees and postage for standing at Brighton in a much smaller venue.

14 minutes ago, cdm22 said:

Blondie (and Garbage) is a fully seated gig. Rubbish! :D I'm also not paying £107 inc fees for seats near the front so that makes that decision to not go a little easier.

Blondie were pants at Glastonbury as well (in my humble opinion of course)

1 minute ago, cdm22 said:

If it makes you feel better, all of our group thought they were excellent :)

Awesome. Hoping it'll still be good; seems like their 2017 gigs still got good reviews. Im off to see them in Brighton anyway; there's standing tickets, it's cheaper, and it's on a Sunday so can make a weekend trip out of it🥰

4 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Awesome. Hoping it'll still be good; seems like their 2017 gigs still got good reviews. Im off to see them in Brighton anyway; there's standing tickets, it's cheaper, and it's on a Sunday so can make a weekend trip out of it🥰

Which is exactly what we have just done :D

8 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I know it must have been about 12 years ago but I saw Blondie at the UEA (about 1,500 people).

What's happened since then for her to be an arena act? Or was the tour I saw her on bizarrely small? 

I suppose because she's a legacy act now, can't imagine they have many tours left. Plus Garbage is a pretty decent support too

11 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Raging Speedhorn have announced a string of socially distanced gigs for November and December. I don’t see them going ahead but I might get a ticket for the Bradford show anyway just because I miss gigs and their first album is a banger. 

The last time I saw Raging Speedhorn was last year at the Camden Crawl, they were annoyed at the audience for not being lively enough so they called the crowd fags and threw a beer can at someone. I'm curious to what they will do when the entire crowd is sitting and not allowed to shout or sing.

Edited by jump

40 minutes ago, jump said:

Is there a list of venues that are still doing gigs? Bands In Town seems to show only livestreams now and I know a few venues like New Cross Inn, Clapham Grand, Brixton Jamm and Jazz Cafe doing gigs so there must be list of them somewhere.

Also in London, The Windmill and Barbican are also both still doing socially distant gigs. I've been to both in the past week and somehow only seen half a song in total, as the timings have totally changed since I last attended gigs 5/6 weeks ago. Basically get down ridiculously early as 'Door times' are now 'strictly no admittance after times' at the Barbican and 'headline act start times' at The Windmill.

• Upvote 1