Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

15 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Just got an email for Dua Lipa at Liverpool Arena on 6th January....surely that is an accident? There's no way that's going ahead right?

Prob not.  Our London one has been moved to that slot in Jan but expecting it to be rearranged again.

2 minutes ago, scattered_screens said:

I'm gassed to be seeing Richard Dawson at the Barbican in October. Socially distanced obviously!

That's gonna be sick, I'm jealous. If anyone can keep a socially distanced gig intimate but also alleviate the seriousness and awkwardness of the situation its him.

• 2 weeks later...

Brighton Dome hosting a series of gigs in collaboration with other Brighton venues over 4  nights showcasing local talent. Each night has 4 bands playing, tix £15 for up to 250 attendees, or £3 for live streaming, on sale from Thu.

https://brightondome.org/news_blog/live_is_alive/

Sat 17 Oct 2020
West African fusion, funk, ska, electropop - an off-the-wall ode to Brighton’s cultural diversity and next-level underground talent.

Sat 24 Oct 2020
Wrap your ears around a night of dramatic grunge punk from Brighton’s indie underground scene.

Sat 31 Oct 2020
A night of pungent power-punk presented by The Green Door Store and the Music Venue Alliance Brighton.

Sat 7 Nov 2020
A laid-back evening of subtle moves and tight grooves from jazz, soul, reggae and ska.

Haven't decided yet whether I'll go as the infection risk is still too high for my liking, but may well stream and drop a donation to their crowdfunder as well.

1 hour ago, Greenelk said:

The Wannadies have reformed, and have announced 3 gigs in Sweden for March 2021.  More dates outside of their home country are expected to be announced, including their first UK dates since  2003

120995752_10158932331010152_4992507693325121853_o.jpg

I'm guessing that, after their fight, one of them tried to make the other one laugh and everything was forgotten. I hate that.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

Got tickets for Squeeze this morning on the first Saturday of December at the o2. Really hoping this goes ahead as it could lead the way for smaller venues to gain confidence!

It is essentially what some small venues are doing but at a larger scale. 20% capacity, socially distanced shows. It's not a realistic solution as 20% isn't enough to make money so, sadly, I don't think it will change what small venues do.

4 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I've got tickets for Seth Lakeman's socially distanced gig at the Bath Forum late November, which will be odd as one of the last gigs I saw was him at Southwark Cathedral earlier in the year, couldn't resist the chance of live music again...if it goes ahead...

I’m seeing Lola young tomorrow, also the last gig I went to before lockdown. Weird!