Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

3 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

https://www.banquetrecords.com/fontaines-d.c./pryzm%2C-7%3A00pm/FDC251120

Fontaines D.C doing a gig for album sales at Pryzm, Kingston (London) and Brighton Chalk which has sold out in November. Link for Pryzm gig is above via Banquet records. 1k max the Pryzm is so should be good odds of it happening by then.

Do you reckon smaller venues will get the go ahead?

11 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Oh my goodness, let us know how it goes, how special - hope you have a great time

Sorry if this is a bit long, just got home from the gig. Was a really great night. Went with my gf and parents, mum was in a high risk category because of her asthma so was a little nervous about going, has barely been out of the house since lockdown, but she said she felt really safe there with the measures the venue took - physically distanced (They said at the gig there’s no need to socially distance yourself from anyone, just physically distance) queue with staggered entry times we were sent before.
Shown to our table where preordered drinks were delivered, you had table service or if it was quiet you could go to the bar. All staff & photographers were wearing masks throughout, crowd all seemed to mask up in the queue, remove at tables, but remask if moving around the venue.

Asked not to get up and dance, sing or cheer. Just clap and stamp feet. Tbh I’m not sure how enforceable that is, or ever will be especially with the addition of alcohol. A few people got up towards the end and had a little dance at their table and it’s hard to tell if someone is mouthing along or singing, + I guess if you really wanted to sing along just put your mask on and nobody can really see & it’s stopping you spread so much.

They were very hot though on if you were blatantly breaking the rules, one group of lads, who’d had a bit too much fun in the afternoon were shouting & not observing the one way system around the venue, they got a warning, cut off at the bar & eventually one was asked to leave.

The gig itself, amazing. Very emotional being back in a venue and that buzz and excitement before someone comes on stage. The lights, proper sound and no buffering haha, the acts seemed genuinely chuffed to be back infront of an audience as well, it was just a really positive atmosphere.

It’s a long way off being perfect and back to normal, but it was a big step in the right direction. Fingers crossed we start to see a few more pop up in the coming months.

Also we’ve all totally lost our night vision for in venues/clubs. Wow it was so dark walking in there, couldn’t see a thing for the first 20min 😂 

58F1C2C4-C444-4A9F-8959-48A9B3BB9239.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

5 hours ago, ilikesimpsons said:

Sorry if this is a bit long, just got home from the gig. Was a really great night. Went with my gf and parents, mum was in a high risk category because of her asthma so was a little nervous about going, has barely been out of the house since lockdown, but she said she felt really safe there with the measures the venue took - physically distanced (They said at the gig there’s no need to socially distance yourself from anyone, just physically distance) queue with staggered entry times we were sent before.
Shown to our table where preordered drinks were delivered, you had table service or if it was quiet you could go to the bar. All staff & photographers were wearing masks throughout, crowd all seemed to mask up in the queue, remove at tables, but remask if moving around the venue.

Asked not to get up and dance, sing or cheer. Just clap and stamp feet. Tbh I’m not sure how enforceable that is, or ever will be especially with the addition of alcohol. A few people got up towards the end and had a little dance at their table and it’s hard to tell if someone is mouthing along or singing, + I guess if you really wanted to sing along just put your mask on and nobody can really see & it’s stopping you spread so much.

They were very hot though on if you were blatantly breaking the rules, one group of lads, who’d had a bit too much fun in the afternoon were shouting & not observing the one way system around the venue, they got a warning, cut off at the bar & eventually one was asked to leave.

The gig itself, amazing. Very emotional being back in a venue and that buzz and excitement before someone comes on stage. The lights, proper sound and no buffering haha, the acts seemed genuinely chuffed to be back infront of an audience as well, it was just a really positive atmosphere.

It’s a long way off being perfect and back to normal, but it was a big step in the right direction. Fingers crossed we start to see a few more pop up in the coming months.

Also we’ve all totally lost our night vision for in venues/clubs. Wow it was so dark walking in there, couldn’t see a thing for the first 20min 😂 

58F1C2C4-C444-4A9F-8959-48A9B3BB9239.jpeg

This sounds really interesting, thank you for the write up! It doesn't sound as bad as it could have been and it's very obviously just a trial to see how it goes but I'd be happy with this sort of things short term, I just wouldn't like not being able to sing or dance (not that I can very well anyways) 

Arts venues may not find out until the autumn whether they can reopen without the current social distancing measures, according to the culture secretary, Oliver Dowden.

He also told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme that the “vast majority” of the government’s arts rescue package will be awarded “over the summer” but said venues should reach out sooner if they are “on the verge of going under”.

On social distancing, he said:

The Prime Minister said a couple of weeks ago when we get to November we will look again at social distancing and where we are with the spread of the virus.

We can’t give a stronger commitment because, as we’re seeing, the virus is rising in other countries around the world.

1 hour ago, Chapple12345 said:

This sounds really interesting, thank you for the write up! It doesn't sound as bad as it could have been and it's very obviously just a trial to see how it goes but I'd be happy with this sort of things short term, I just wouldn't like not being able to sing or dance (not that I can very well anyways) 

'It can't be the future for live music, it can't be the future for venues,' venue manager Ally Wolf  told the BBC, noting that the show did not make enough money to cover the venue's operating costs, let alone a performer's fee.  '[This is] not a financial model that the industry can remotely rely upon to get to be sustainable.'

19 hours ago, zeppelin said:

Maybe I just missed it, but Dream Wife announced a tour yesterday:

20200728_150359.jpg

It was one of the first brand new tours for 2021 announced over a month ago. I love them and seen em a few times (including in a library where no alcohol was available), but I was hesistant to get tickets for anything until I know it's actually happening. Lucia's a good choice for support.

2 hours ago, Padjeq said:

It was one of the first brand new tours for 2021 announced over a month ago. I love them and seen em a few times (including in a library where no alcohol was available), but I was hesistant to get tickets for anything until I know it's actually happening. Lucia's a good choice for support.

Buying tickets to gigs before you know that they’re happening is a good way of supporting artists and venues though, ain’t it? It’s not really like you won’t get your money back if it isn’t taking place on that date.

If it’s like an arena gig that’s a heavy chunk of money in trying times for an act not entirely reliant on it then fair, but small bands playing small club gigs kinda need the support.

Just my entirely inessential opinion on things, not directed at you specifically but a lot of people have said the same thing. 

5 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Oh wasn't he playing the Victoria Warehouse in Manchester originally? I'm assuming this is a good downgrade then?

Can't wait for Barrlowlands! 😄

Ah yeah I forgot about that. I'm not personally a fan of VW but my mate is. 

Either way I'm Leeds for this show, and equally can't wait! 

4 hours ago, Padjeq said:

Ah sorry, I saw it pinned to the top of their twitter with a more recent date so assumed it was new. 

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Buying tickets to gigs before you know that they’re happening is a good way of supporting artists and venues though, ain’t it? It’s not really like you won’t get your money back if it isn’t taking place on that date.

If it’s like an arena gig that’s a heavy chunk of money in trying times for an act not entirely reliant on it then fair, but small bands playing small club gigs kinda need the support.

Just my entirely inessential opinion on things, not directed at you specifically but a lot of people have said the same thing. 

Yeah, I'm with you on this Dental.  Booking some gigs now for next year, and fingers crossed they go ahead as planned!

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Yeah, I'm with you on this Dental.  Booking some gigs now for next year, and fingers crossed they go ahead as planned!

Yep. I've got on optimistically booked for late November that I really doubt now, then a couple for March to May. 🤞 Off topic but I've also pre-ordered more physical music than I ever have done before.

Edited by vintagelaureate

12 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Oh wasn't he playing the Victoria Warehouse in Manchester originally? I'm assuming this is a good downgrade then?

Can't wait for Barrlowlands! 😄

It was due to be at Mayfield in September. I think it’s roughly the same capacity. 

I’ve been hoovering up tickets for later this year/next year for ages. Agreed it’s one of the best ways to support bands/artists and tbh with no visits to the pub or Pret I’ve got naff all else to be spending money on atm. 

19 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I'm already owed over a grand for tickets for shows that should all have taken place by now. You understand my hesitation.