Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

8 hours ago, zeppelin said:

I've only heard a couple of tunes, but this could be worth a punt given the size of the venues. 

Edit: put them on and realise more than a couple have been on 6 a lot. Think this could be a lot of fun. 

20200715_102313.jpg

I personally think February is a bit ambitious but I'll definitely be going to the Liverpool gig when it happens. First Wirral band I can get behind since the coral....Really got into their stuff during lockdown and sounds like they put on a great show 

8 hours ago, ogriff said:

I had no idea Big Hands was still around!  Haven't been in since a stude 20 damned years ago

What a crazy little place. Got to say I prefer the Deaf Institute as an Academy pre gig destination. 

I miss Odd (odder? Oddest? Always got them mixed up) near Oxford Road station

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 hour ago, Mouseboy11 said:

All those drive-in gigs have been cancelled already

What a disappointment. Not also impressed by the reason as well - surely if any localised lockdowns were ordered, you'd cancel places that were locked down and/or tickets from people from those areas.

But it is what it is I guess.

I can't believe there was much uptake for the drive-in shows. Paying more than you would in an academy to see Ash or Dizzee Rascal from the back of a car park, without the immediate access of toilets and drinks. I go to a lot of gigs but I'd never be that desperate for one (and I like Ash and Dizzee*). Last I checked they hadn't announced any supports either.

In other news, this was announced yesterday:

Is this the first non-moved, this-late-announced genuinely new gig for this side of the new year? A blind gamble or do the bookers know something about what's in the pipeline?

*just remembered the last thing I went to pre-lockdown was a musical about Boy In Da Corner haha

15 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Just signed up for pre sale. Going to guess Albert Hall Manchester, maybe a couple of nights,and then Leeds Academy etc elsewhere? 

Pure pessimism has me convinced they'll play viccy warehouse in Manchester. Alber Hall is best case scenario and a must have ticket, hope you're right.

26 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

I can't believe there was much uptake for the drive-in shows. Paying more than you would in an academy to see Ash or Dizzee Rascal from the back of a car park, without the immediate access of toilets and drinks. I go to a lot of gigs but I'd never be that desperate for one (and I like Ash and Dizzee*). Last I checked they hadn't announced any supports either.

In other news, this was announced yesterday:

Is this the first non-moved, this-late-announced genuinely new gig for this side of the new year? A blind gamble or do the bookers know something about what's in the pipeline?

*just remembered the last thing I went to pre-lockdown was a musical about Boy In Da Corner haha

2000 capacity venue.

1 minute ago, Tommy101 said:

It's been updated to

'Indoor performances with socially-distanced audiences in theatres, music and performance venues will also be allowed from next month.'

I just hope that can work and not lose money for the venues and artists.

Yeah the Mirror had similar:

Screenshot_20200717-120219.png

1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

It's been updated to

'Indoor performances with socially-distanced audiences in theatres, music and performance venues will also be allowed from next month.'

I just hope that can work and not lose money for the venues and artists.

it won't - it's another way for them to withdraw financial support as they technically "can" open then. But doesn't mean it's remotely financially viable 

8 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

it won't - it's another way for them to withdraw financial support as they technically "can" open then. But doesn't mean it's remotely financially viable 

The optimistic alternative (yeah, I know...optimism) is that the more venues can open in some viable form, the fewer venues that pot of cash has to be spread around. That way the ones that really can't open can maintain funding for longer because there's fewer people taking out of the pot.

On 7/15/2020 at 10:24 AM, zeppelin said:

I've only heard a couple of tunes, but this could be worth a punt given the size of the venues. 

Edit: put them on and realise more than a couple have been on 6 a lot. Think this could be a lot of fun. 

20200715_102313.jpg

On 7/15/2020 at 4:17 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

Had a listen and decided to book tickets for Liverpool! Cheap and should be a fun Saturday night

On 7/15/2020 at 6:58 PM, efcfanwirral said:

I personally think February is a bit ambitious but I'll definitely be going to the Liverpool gig when it happens. First Wirral band I can get behind since the coral....Really got into their stuff during lockdown and sounds like they put on a great show 

What a crazy little place. Got to say I prefer the Deaf Institute as an Academy pre gig destination. 

I miss Odd (odder? Oddest? Always got them mixed up) near Oxford Road station

All aboard the Libpool Academy train!

This looks interesting: 

https://www.passportbacktoourroots.org/?fbclid=IwAR2QFD7SlgF-QHelxwJIi67QYn6SU1sq7kHEJEwMTjruR0p0M7FaFXD0ZmQ

Passport: Back to Our Roots is a nationwide series of one-off intimate gigs by the UK’s biggest artists, supporting the independent grassroots venues that form the foundations of the UK’s live music scene.

This is your exclusive opportunity to watch the biggest artists play their smallest gigs – live and in person like they should be – while making a huge difference to the UK’s crisis-stricken grassroots music venues, who need urgent help due to COVID-19 closures.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

This looks interesting: 

https://www.passportbacktoourroots.org/?fbclid=IwAR2QFD7SlgF-QHelxwJIi67QYn6SU1sq7kHEJEwMTjruR0p0M7FaFXD0ZmQ

Passport: Back to Our Roots is a nationwide series of one-off intimate gigs by the UK’s biggest artists, supporting the independent grassroots venues that form the foundations of the UK’s live music scene.

This is your exclusive opportunity to watch the biggest artists play their smallest gigs – live and in person like they should be – while making a huge difference to the UK’s crisis-stricken grassroots music venues, who need urgent help due to COVID-19 closures.

Does look very interesting, although their Facebook page hasn't been updated in a month. Plus haven't Band on the Wall let a laid a bunch of their staff off? So I do wonder if it's still happening