Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Just remembered seeing Funeral for a Friend the second time. Birmingham Academy 05 or 06. Great set etc, encore ends and a man gets on the tannoy to announce there's been a terrorist threat on Birmingham city centre and the entirety of town has been evacuated and we must walk away immediately. We all plough out onto Dale End to discover a ghost town. No people, no cars, no buses, just space and silence. This was post 7/7 so they were really taking things seriously - everyone other than someone at the academy, who got the evacuation order and decided to let us stay 40 minutes past it while the show continued. Fair play.

36 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Can’t imagine it’s gonna sell out particularly fast there but I’m not gonna risk waiting it out just in case.

Did you get them? I've seen online people are having trouble - just keep refreshing, that's what I did yesterday.

37 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Can’t imagine it’s gonna sell out particularly fast there but I’m not gonna risk waiting it out just in case.

Ok well I ended up completely forgetting about this cause I’m an idiot and now they’re seemingly gone. 

Well shit.

2 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Did you get them? I've seen online people are having trouble - just keep refreshing, that's what I did yesterday.

See above. I’m an idiot. Really didn’t expect them to fly out that quickly but I suppose people gagging to get back at gigs, and with it being a Friday night, I was a fool to think otherwise. Gonna keep trying.

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Thought I was shit out of luck there but got through easily on ticketline :) 

I've got you two held in a basket!! was just messaging you... you don't need?

Screenshot_20200710-103808.png

Edited by vintagelaureate
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Are we all going to Manchester for this? Feels that way

Looks that way 😀 I'm made up it's the Academy as I have a little run of bars/pubs I hit on the way from Oxford Road - all being well. 

Did you get all yours sorted? 

5 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Looks that way 😀 I'm made up it's the Academy as I have a little run of bars/pubs I hit on the way from Oxford Road - all being well. 

Yeh all good thanks! I don't know the area at all so will be relying on my local tour guides

3 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Yeh all good thanks! I don't know the area at all so will be relying on my local tour guides

There is always some kind of pre gig gathering in The Footage down the road - I always grab food there too if I've not eaten, it's the last stop before the Academy! I get the train in straight from work usually. 

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

The Oxford Road pre-gig crawl is both brilliant and lethal!

Too many times I’ve arrived at the Academy unfit to actually enjoy the gig.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

More Funeral for a Friend dates added

image.thumb.png.5ee6927e7c84f4fbc7694530446c9ad2.png

Phew, would’ve been somewhat annoyed if there was a Liverpool date there.

Funny what a four year break up can do. Granted the ‘first three albums’ thing is the real cherry on top for this tour, but I’m pretty sure they’d been demoted to smaller venues and dwindling crowds before they decided to call it a day and now it’s all selling out ASAP.