Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

12 minutes ago, Vidsidasta said:

I would imagine cancelled events will be refunded as normal, and this protection fee is if you personally can’t attend due to self-isolation or the like.

Exactly the same as before then, but with a red box around it to make people think it's currently more necessary.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, dentalplan said:

They are ones who were booked this year and are touring around the same time next year.

I get that for some for them...But so many suddenly appeared at once,,? And someone like Paul McCartney has no tour dates...?

Edited by danbailey80

38 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

I get that for some for them...But so many suddenly appeared at once,,? And someone like Paul McCartney has no tour dates...?

I think Neil was only recently able to part unfurlough himself to make changes which is why they'll have happened in a batch.

In Paul's case it's a reaction to his daughter tweeting stuff about seeing him there next year last weekend.

48 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

5 minutes ago, mcshed said:

I think Neil was only recently able to part unfurlough himself to make changes which is why they'll have happened in a batch.

In Paul's case it's a reaction to his daughter tweeting stuff about seeing him there next year last weekend.

McCartney's was also a reaction  to the comments he made on the Howard Stern show a couple of days ago, regarding it being a postponement.

1 hour ago, mcshed said:

yup. The geezer I had covering didn't have time to do lots of the stuff that could have been done (and I'm still playing catch-up on the bits he put to the side).

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

McCartney's was also a reaction  to the comments he made on the Howard Stern show a couple of days ago, regarding it being a postponement.

well, it wasn't, because that hadn't happened yet (at the time I updated) :P 

But it does add to the justification for Macca being a strong rumour.

19 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

But  technically didn't he just say that the festival had been postponed, not that his performance had been?

It sounds like he’s gonna say something else that may or may not confirm his attendance but Stern starts talking over him so who knows? Sounded like a near enough confirmation to me, but suppose it could be heard differently.

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

I don't wanna buy tickets to anything until we have confirmation things are really going ahead, but that's just made the hair on my arms stand up. It's only been 6 years since I last saw em too. Makes me wanna don bootcuts soaked all up the back of the legs, and wear a long tshirt shirt under another tshirt.

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

FB_IMG_1594050297296.jpg

Interesting this.

They've obviously got some confidence in booking an indoor festy for three months' time but at the same time it's an entirely Western Europe lineup. For a festival that usually has quite a few psych rock bands heading over from the States that's obviously a considered move. Wonder if that's how it will go here to some extent in that UK & Ireland bands' tour dates start going ahead before.acts coming over.

14 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Interesting this.

They've obviously got some confidence in booking an indoor festy for three months' time but at the same time it's an entirely Western Europe lineup. For a festival that usually has quite a few psych rock bands heading over from the States that's obviously a considered move. Wonder if that's how it will go here to some extent in that UK & Ireland bands' tour dates start going ahead before.acts coming over.

Definitely, can’t imagine many US based acts wanting to fly over anytime soon.

Fascinated to see some of these announcements. They seem like a huge gamble. Especially that festival in France. Have they had some indication from governments that they could happen or is it a total throw of the dice?