Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

22 hours ago, Padjeq said:

Arlo Parks is good too, and I think the machine is about to get behind her.

Arlo Parks is excellent. And yeah she’s about to blow, bloody Massive Attack showed up in the audience at his first UK headline gig here in Bristol on Tuesday! 

• 2 weeks later...

Feels a bit weird to post this but the Somerset House Summer Series line-up has been released. Headline acts are: Jordan Rakei, Six60, Rodrigo y Gabriela, James Vincent McMorrow, Bomba Estereo, Blood Orange, Mahalia, WoodKid, Tove Lo, Young the Giant and Eskimo Summer Dance. Ticket releases have been postponed for the time being

Bands & venues are starting to release rearranged tour dates, so if you had your eye on an act due to tour it's worth checking to see if they've got a new set of dates.  Neon Waltz have just released new dates for October, definitely getting myself a ticket as something to look forward to!

Remember how much the bands and venues need the cash as well!  Think of it as an investment for 6 months down the line :)

38 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Seems quite a few acts rearranging for August/September/October. I find it hard to imagine large scale gatherings will be back on the agenda by then (hope I’m wrong though)

I don’t think anyone buying tickets would be under the illusion that it’s guaranteed to go ahead on the stated date. Still good to support the artists that we’ll be listening to through this time with a ticket purchase.

• Upvote 1

Just now, dentalplan said:

I don’t think anyone buying tickets would be under the illusion that it’s guaranteed to go ahead on the stated date. Still good to support the artists that we’ll be listening to through this time with a ticket purchase.

Yup that's the bit I meant to add!

It'll get rearranged or refunded if it doesn't go ahead, so worst case you've just put the money away for a bit with something nice to come at the end of it.

On 3/24/2020 at 11:06 AM, dentalplan said:

I get that bit, but I can’t understand why they don’t reschedule for a more realistic timeframe. Also, people may need to book accommodation and transportation - I’d certainly think twice about booking an event in, say, August

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

I get that bit, but I can’t understand why they don’t reschedule for a more realistic timeframe. Also, people may need to book accommodation and transportation - I’d certainly think twice about booking an event in, say, August

We don't know what a realistic timeframe is. But what can be assumed is that people would rather book ticket to gigs that aren't as far away.

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

We don't know what a realistic timeframe is. But what can be assumed is that people would rather book ticket to gigs that aren't as far away.

It’s also about finding space at venues. A lot of the big ones like arenas and whatnot will be booked up well into next year with stuff that hasn’t been announced yet. It’s going to be a challenge to crowbar half a year’s worth of rearranged gigs into their schedules too.

Decided to treat myself a little bit given how it has all been a Lil Bit Stressful of late and needed some gigs

Booked tickets for Hinds, Purity Ring, Warmduscher, Girl Band/Dry Cleaning and then Bon Iver in 2021

The prospect of going to a gig is going to be a big motivator for the next few months

• Upvote 1

On 3/24/2020 at 11:43 AM, Tommy101 said:

I feel old

There's a number of gigs that I chose not to get tickets for, but would've done if it was on a weekend. I'm keeping an eye on new dates to see if they are no longer on a school night and see if there are any tickets up for grabs!

I'm the opposite. Much prefer a midweek gig now I'm in my gulp... forties. A weekend gig just gets in the way of family stuff and increases the chances of a big hangover that I'll carry over till at least Tuesday.

• 2 months later...

The Beths are planning on being back in the UK next year, 30th March - 8th April

https://thebeths.com/#tour

It's really nice to see their venues getting bigger.  They've gone from playing a free gig above a Brighton pub with optional donations for their living costs to playing venues like Concorde2 and the O2 Forum Kentish Town.

Another one to book in for next year when the world is less mental :)

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Ballsy move!

Got a load of gigs that were shifted to October, reckon they'll get moved again

Yeah same, got some really annoying clashes as well so wouldn't mind another roll of the dice (I'm looking at you Porridge Radio and Sinead O Brien).

Thing is with gigs already getting announced for spring there's just gonna be no room to house all these gigs, can see a lot of them getting the chop rather than moving this time round which is, frankly, shit. I won't be claiming any refunds.

Wonder how many people would go to a gig in September if they were allowed. (I would).

55 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Wonder how many people would go to a gig in September if they were allowed. (I would).

I've booked tickets for the last few days of November. I guess alot depends on personal circumstances though, e.g. whose at home etc. 

On 6/17/2020 at 10:21 PM, Quark said:

The Beths are planning on being back in the UK next year, 30th March - 8th April

https://thebeths.com/#tour

It's really nice to see their venues getting bigger.  They've gone from playing a free gig above a Brighton pub with optional donations for their living costs to playing venues like Concorde2 and the O2 Forum Kentish Town.

Another one to book in for next year when the world is less mental :)

Ha ha I literally bought tickets for The Beths album launch gig in July about 15 minutes ago. Came on to e-fests, clicked on an unread thread and this was the first unread post to pop up.

And I mean literally in the literal sense, not figuratively... remember when people knew what words meant? 😄