Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

12 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

I've bought loads of tickets where they claim they'll be checking ID on the door. Only time they ever actually did it was at the Paramore show at the Manchester Apollo, but that was a couple of weeks after the bombing, so they were probably just being super cautious

Just gotta think of all the teens that turn up with tickets bought by parents.

Secondly, these places have protocols for accidental problems, they just don't tell you about them in advance. For instance, my mates drove way away for some gig only to get there and find they'd left the tickets at home. They were then allowed to facetime back home and have a family member destroy the tickets. Then they let them in.

I'm not sure why, but the idea of the employee making them rip them up on facetime is really amusing

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Padjeq said:

Just the normal floor. I'm still waiting on news of a support act.

At Manchester Apollo 2013 she had an unknown guy, with minimal setup and an acoustic guitar. On the Lust for Life show in Liverpool she didn't even have a support! Strange considering her sets are relatively short.

29 minutes ago, Lubic87 said:

At Manchester Apollo 2013 she had an unknown guy, with minimal setup and an acoustic guitar. On the Lust for Life show in Liverpool she didn't even have a support! Strange considering her sets are relatively short.

I heard those Lust for Life shows were short bookings, Lana wore a tshirt and jeans, and managed to do no songs from the album she was promoting. Honestly that still sounds wicked.

When I saw her in 2013, Birmingham, it was her boyfriend's band as support.

I hate arena acts with no support. Everyone turns up at the same time and it's a nightmare to get in.

3 hours ago, Padjeq said:

I've bought loads of tickets where they claim they'll be checking ID on the door. Only time they ever actually did it was at the Paramore show at the Manchester Apollo, but that was a couple of weeks after the bombing, so they were probably just being super cautious

Just gotta think of all the teens that turn up with tickets bought by parents.

Secondly, these places have protocols for accidental problems, they just don't tell you about them in advance. For instance, my mates drove way away for some gig only to get there and find they'd left the tickets at home. They were then allowed to facetime back home and have a family member destroy the tickets. Then they let them in.

Ok, thanks for the reply. Appreciate it.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Kind of why I asked. There are special early entry tickets, so was wondering if they get you into any sort of pit.

I've noticed they tend to do that for gigs when there is a mad scramble to get on the barrier/in the first couple of rows, rather than specifically in any front bit. Lana seems like the kind of act a promoter would take advantage of that for. 

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Not nearby but Goldenvoice seem to have followed up that noughties indie mega fest in LA last year with an 80's goth one. She Wants Revenge making both bills - you go She Wants Revenge!

Sick bill though, despite the headliner.

unnamed-1581452873-640x800.jpg

Can’t believe that just like heaven Fest passed me by.

Would love the majority of them at Glastonbury. 

it’s about time Yeah Yeah Yeah’s made a return. 

10 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Not nearby but Goldenvoice seem to have followed up that noughties indie mega fest in LA last year with an 80's goth one. She Wants Revenge making both bills - you go She Wants Revenge!

Why do Bad Manners never play Glastonbury? They are always touring and would make for a right good knees up in Avalon.

17 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Honestly didn't know Violent Femmes were still around. Hope someone gets them over to europe.

Anyone interested in a ticket for Dreadzone at Concorde 2 in Brighton on Sat 28th March? Bought myself a ticket but now can't go as I've got a half marathon near Gloucester on Sunday morning so will be driving down the night before.

Will put it on Twickets if there's no interest, but giving eFests the first dibs if anyone wants it. £20 if anyone's interested.

Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes have a big 3 week hole in their touring schedule around Glastonbury. They'd be a welcome return to the farm. Saw them in Manchester last night and someone shouted about Glastonbury but no response. 

IMG_20200212_221410226.jpg

• Upvote 1