Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

🤔

LivenationUK instagram has been pushing pretty blatant Rolling Stones paid ads over the last week so clearly something coming. Although the last I read they were supposed to be doing the States again this year so who knows. 

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

BST?

Not while they're with Livenation 

2 hours ago, Northtim said:

Fair chance most of those support acts will be there, although Courteeners again on other will be getting a bit too predictable.

Don't know if it's right or not but someone told me Courteeners had confirmed they weren't playing in an NME interview on YouTube. 

8 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Don't know if it's right or not but someone told me Courteeners had confirmed they weren't playing in an NME interview on YouTube. 

Worth remembering that last year when I ran the “set of the weekend” vote one hundred and sixty different sets were nominated.

Not one person put the Courteeners in their top three.

On 1/22/2020 at 8:54 PM, zzzfest said:

I'd never listened to their music, but had heard of Black Country, New Road before I caught their gig in Edinburgh the other day. They are currently on tour in the UK, and most of their shows are sold out (including Edinburgh). Do they live up to the hype? Yes, but not without some reservations. For this non-initiated listener they reminded me of some bands from the 'No New York' compilation album, especially their music’s distinctive freakiness. But their performance is more controlled and organized, and their technical prowess undeniable.

On the other hand, I'm not sure if they'll end up as the next Arcade Fire, as touted in an Internet review I read recently. IMHO, at the moment, their material is not quite catchy enough to gain mass appeal. It remains to be seen whether they'll reach a wider audience beyond indy connoisseurs.

Confused the shit out of me that did. I'm from Black Country and there's a road called Black Country New Road.

8 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Fuck. I don't even know if I'll be working then or not. Wondering if I should fly over or wait for a mainland UK date ?

there were small Paris and Berlin gigs announced this morning too, first one is in 10 days. Word is that London will be getting one too, possibly at the Roundhouse.

Edited by ghostdancer1

10 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

EQBu-L4W4AEecd5?format=jpg&name=large

No idea if this would appeal to anyone here. I personally believe it's the worst line up of any festival ever but it seems to sell tickets every year

1. I can't judge, I have no idea who any act on that poster is 

2. They seem to have booked about 30 acts then spread over every stage to make it look like 100+

3. I imagine their Icon stage has a fair bit different energy to the one at Glastonbury 

Edited by kingbadger
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

1. I can't judge, I have no idea who any act on that poster is 

2. They seem to have booked about 30 acts then spread over every stage to make it look like 100+

3. I imagine their Icon stage has a fair bit different energy to the one at Glastonbury 

Darius Rucker is Hootie sans Blowfish, he's had quite the career in yer country circles.