Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

On 1/27/2020 at 6:11 PM, dentalplan said:

So they're following up the Gods of Rap tour (remember last year featuring Wu Tang, Public Enemy, De La Soul and DJ Premier?) with a second edition headlined by Nas, with DMX, Gang Starr and The Lox. It should be good and all but it's quite a step down and I'm amazed that they think people will pay just under £100 standing for it.

AXS are lying here. Nas played Glastonbury back in 2013 on Silver Hayes so certainly not the first UK show in 15 years!

... or did that performance not go ahead? I can only find Glasto's tweets when it was first announced.

4 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

You've misread it. It's DMX's first show in 25 years.

They put ‘first UK shows in 15 years’ after ‘Nas, DMX’ so I can see how it can be interpreted both ways. 😁

Either way, would certainly like to see both of them - seeing Just Blaze host would be great too as he’s legendary. Ticket price is too high for me sadly.

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Remember when Kele Okereke kicked Eddie Argos in the head? And Donny Tourette fled the Big Brother house?

Haha yes sir. Big up the 2000s indie turf wars, who needs East coast west coast.

Props to donny tourette, chump of the decade in a decade where chumps were ten a penny.

Edited by mattiloy
Indie

20 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Remember when Kele Okereke kicked Eddie Argos in the head? And Donny Tourette fled the Big Brother house?

They've made a documentary about Donny Tourette. It'll probably limp out onto a streaming service before time.

That feels like the final NME era. Their cool list with one from CSS and one from Klaxons topping it one year because they were an item. I feel like this all died when Amy Winehouse did.

2 hours ago, Mark H said:

Incubus are playing Hellfest in France the week before Glastonbury. They commonly seem to miss Glasto, but I think they would make an excellent Park headliner!

https://www.hellfest.fr/en/

😂

I used to like Incubus quite a bit but I think the chances of them popping up at Glastonbury are incredibly slim, especially as a Park headliner.

Maybe they could get similar treatment as Coheed & Cambria/Jimmy Eat World/Brand New etc who all got mid/low Other slots... but probably not.

20 hours ago, priest17 said:

Danny Brown's doing a European touring and not venturing any further north than Bristol which is a bit w*nk. Its early April as well which narrows his chanced of being at Glastonbury probably.

Yeah the timing makes glasto unlikely so nabbed a London ticket, shame as it's annoying to get to from Southampton and I'll have to solo it, ah well 

15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

If anyone wants to enjoy Nelly, Shaggy, Eve, Blu Cantrell, Salt 'N' Pepa, Fatman Scoop and all your favourite UK garage all stars in the comfort of your local multi-purpose sports and entertainment venue, there's a half price Groupon now.

https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/gl-kisstory-presents-the-blast-off-1

Not gonna lie, this is very tempting.

20 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

If anyone wants to enjoy Nelly, Shaggy, Eve, Blu Cantrell, Salt 'N' Pepa, Fatman Scoop and all your favourite UK garage all stars in the comfort of your local multi-purpose sports and entertainment venue, there's a half price Groupon now.

https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/gl-kisstory-presents-the-blast-off-1

Wow - that really is something!

Usually get pretty pissed that Belfast is always left out, but okay with it on this occasion 😂 😂