Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Just now, zahidf said:

APE?

Now this is only a guess on my part but I think it will be a UK tour. it is 4 1/2 years pretty much since they did a UK tour. They have played Manchester a few times and done sporadic one off's in London in that time but no tour.

I would rather new music but there is no sign of any forthcoming. Hence why i think UK tour. I reckon they will play Kendal Calling as well, but I think that every year.

2 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

That's going to be 1975 I'd imagine. 

I reckon New Order will be Festival No.6, who were pretty heavily hinting at it the other day... 

To begin with, is FN6 really coming back?

I know there is a related thread on the other UK festivals forum, but...

Just got a couple of tickets for Yusuf, Cat Stevens at the bandstand Glasgow in August. Knowing my track record of buying tickets then they get announced for Glastonbury then hopefully we will also see him on the farm. Also got tickets for pet shop boys and elbow so that’s more  for Glastonbury! 

On 1/23/2020 at 9:06 AM, Hotchilidog said:

I am amazed they have yet to be booked. Saw them at Beautiful Days (which you would think was not entirely their demographic) and they were flipping brilliant. They could easily headline WG, or play JP/Park. Wouldn't like to see them on the Other.

I'm also amazed they haven't been at G. I saw them at Beautiful Days and also in London. An earlier JP slot would be perfect for them.

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

He’s obviously a sub and a good act to have but Noel hasn’t even sold out any of his dates at Manchester Apollo, granted they are £70 a pop but it’s a 3.5k venue. Has his stock gone down?

He tours constantly tbf. But £70+ for Noel Gallagher is a joke tbh. Swear it wasn't nearly that expensive when he played the Arena a year or two ago

2 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

He tours constantly tbf. But £70+ for Noel Gallagher is a joke tbh. Swear it wasn't nearly that expensive when he played the Arena a year or two ago

Did the Arena two years ago and Heaton Park last summer. Third round of gigs on the same album, no wonder people aren’t flicking in at those prices.

Aye he’s massively oversold himself on this latest run. It could be argued that was these new shows are in support of those EP’s he’s been releasing, but considering how little content they have and how third album heavy his setlists currently are it’s hard to imagine many people jumping to pay £70 to see him again, and I’m guessing Liam being currently active has stolen away a big chunk of Noel’s audience. 

So they're following up the Gods of Rap tour (remember last year featuring Wu Tang, Public Enemy, De La Soul and DJ Premier?) with a second edition headlined by Nas, with DMX, Gang Starr and The Lox. It should be good and all but it's quite a step down and I'm amazed that they think people will pay just under £100 standing for it.

16 hours ago, dentalplan said:

So they're following up the Gods of Rap tour (remember last year featuring Wu Tang, Public Enemy, De La Soul and DJ Premier?) with a second edition headlined by Nas, with DMX, Gang Starr and The Lox. It should be good and all but it's quite a step down and I'm amazed that they think people will pay just under £100 standing for it.

The Snoop Dogg/Warren G/D12/Obie Trice arena tour is having trouble shifting the £68 standing tickets, at least in brum. Nas is cooler than that, but still. If it's just the one show at the millenium dome, they might manage it.