Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

17 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

Image may contain: 5 people, text

Oh Sees in Birmingham in May, massively excited for this one! 

They're in Manchester the night after at the Albert Hall, I'm tempted but I've seen them there for the last 2 years (its even on the same Saturday as last year) and they play basically the same set every time. I'm back looking for work at the end of the month so I guess I'll play it by ear with that coz I do love em.

Excellent description on the Albert Hall website:

20 years going and the shows keep getting more and more intense, as many a soupy swarm can attest. The locked-in Rincon/Quattrone drum cops propel masses of strangers to froth and lean into each other as the insistent and repetitive underpinning tumbles nimbly from Tim Hellman’s bass. Meanwhile John ricochets breathy yips and snippets of synth and all manner of guitar heroics around your brain canyons while your reptile instincts yell “move”. Brain-stem body rock meets cerebral expanses, and their now du jour prolifically feeds a labyrinthine garden of well-hewn tunes.

On 1/7/2020 at 11:13 AM, Quark said:

Paging @balti-pie

Ta! Been to a couple of their events, always a good night out - but having checked out Arcturus I’d have to say they really are the worst kind of histrionic, cod-theatrical extreme metal nonsense imaginable 🤣🤣🤣 seen Vehement before, they’re decent - but I’ll be missing out on this one I reckon 👍🏻

I’m always up for giving things a bash, particularly when you say the magical words ‘Norwegian black metal’, but this is overwhelmingly GCSE drama student waily bollocks - and it’s very low on the whole church burning thing that i personally find very fulfilling. They’re no Mayhem! 🤣🤣🤘🏻

8 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Doesn't he play all the time anyway?

Maybe this tour will be for the 40th anniversary of Closer. 

Hes not played Glastonbury as his own entity yet. He totally ruined Blue Monday though a couple of years ago as part of Hacienda Classical.