Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

20 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

A single show in London seems to be the word on the street. Bit of a pain in the arse for me, but hopefully get a whole day of mid 00’s emo lined up to sweeten the deal.

I thought someone said it was gonna be Milton Keynes? They’re both shit for me I suppose and I’m sure I’d wait for the arena tour.

15 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The Rasmus are getting their tour bus out as we speak. You can hear it reversing at the start of that song they had that was massive.

Who else hopped straight onto YouTube and played In the Shadows after reading this? Hands up!

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Who else hopped straight onto YouTube and played In the Shadows after reading this? Hands up!

I'm in the midst of Stranger In The Alps rn (doin my top 100 AotD so listening back to some stone colds from the 10s) and NOTHING will interrupt me from it, but that's right where I'm heading after it's over. After that I reckon I might treat myself to some Evanessence

8 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

The Rasmus are getting their tour bus out as we speak. You can hear it reversing at the start of that song they had that was massive.

I have never seen a band be as unanimously pelted with bottles than The Rasmus were at Leeds '04. They stayed onstage though to their credit; they didn't manage that at Reading.

I wasn't about for Daphine and Celeste...

Edited by vintagelaureate

15 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I have never seen a band be as unanimously pelted with bottles than The Rasmus were at Leeds '04. They stayed onstage though to their credit; they didn't manage that at Reading.

I wasn't about for Daphine and Celeste...

I was at Reading for that. Same year as 50 Cent got bottled off  later that evening too right? 

Never heard boos like it when the G-Unit banner rolled down the back of the stage.

5 hours ago, Jack The Stripper said:

I was at Reading for that. Same year as 50 Cent got bottled off  later that evening too right? 

Never heard boos like it when the G-Unit banner rolled down the back of the stage.

Yep, same year. At Leeds 50 Cent actually started throwing water back at the crowd!

23 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Yep, same year. At Leeds 50 Cent actually started throwing water back at the crowd!

I'm pretty sure at Reading they did the same...and one of the Unit threw a fold up chair or something back that had been checked at 'em. 

I actually felt quite bad for them 😕 Although that wasn't really the vibe. 

8 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

50 Cent was absolutely massive in 2004, don't know why he'd put up with a load of pimple faced unwashed racist edgelords abusing him for a small time sub slot at Reading.

It was all just...weird wasn't it? At the time I didn't know why they'd booked him/agreed to do it, as I assumed they must have known the response. But actually, why the fuck would anyone think that it would elicit that kind of reaction on that scale? And the absolute glee some kids were getting out of it too. Bonkers. 

There were a lot of things I didn't like about Reading (it was the only time I ever went), but the bottling thing was way too much. I actually didn't go to another non-dance music festival after that for ten years (until Glasto 2014). You can say what you want about pill heads, but they don't bottle anyone. 

£45 is too much for a band that I'm already seeing this year at slam dunk and have seen like 5 times before. Sure it will be a great show

RE MCR thought we all agreed they were playing Milton Keynes on the 20th June, wish they would bloody announce! I'm going for £75 ticket price

5 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

RE MCR thought we all agreed they were playing Milton Keynes on the 20th June, wish they would bloody announce! I'm going for £75 ticket price

And the rest. I'm thinking £70-90 for GA, then into triple figures for the golden standing they'll inevitably have. 

1 minute ago, JSmurphy said:

And the rest. I'm thinking £70-90 for GA, then into triple figures for the golden standing they'll inevitably have. 

Really hope they don't do golden standing as they are the only band in the world I where would actually pay for it

Black Country, New Road have announced a set in Manchester YES Basement directly after their pink room show, saw them there a few months ago and it's worth a punt, one of the better gigs I went to last year.

Also I think a band doing 2 shows in 2 different parts of a venue in 1 night is rad.

1489569509_Screenshot_20200107-1027062.thumb.png.98ec9ae9e697a66ae01884c018090059.png

39 minutes ago, Quark said:

Paging @balti-pie

Love the game of 'try and read the metal bands logo'. Even as a metalhead I struggle with these

I'm going with Arcturus, Deewegemer Tremer, Sonae Wemer, Tehement, Fawyne, Anoxioe

If they are right they are not good band names, especially Deewegemer Tremer

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Love the game of 'try and read the metal bands logo'. Even as a metalhead I struggle with these

I'm going with Arcturus, Deewegemer Tremer, Sonae Wemer, Tehement, Fawyne, Anoxioe

If they are right they are not good band names, especially Deewegemer Tremer

I think the one you missed is called Grave Lines.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1