Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

O SHIT
Could well be tempted by that if the lineup is up to snuff. Their new album has been getting regular plays from me since it's release - unexpectedly great.

Korn, Marilyn Manson, Trivium and Anthrax joining the fun for the Japan version. It won't be identical but will happily take any of those.

Judas Priest aren't an exclusive at Bloodstock and unless they're Download's final sub then they're in with a shot too I guess.

3 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Korn, Marilyn Manson, Trivium and Anthrax joining the fun for the Japan version. It won't be identical but will happily take any of those.

Judas Priest aren't an exclusive at Bloodstock and unless they're Download's final sub then they're in with a shot too I guess.

With Milton Keynes Bowl being active again, could well be true about My Chemical Romance playing there.

On 12/11/2019 at 8:36 PM, dotdash79 said:

It’s not too far from the train station, chances are you will need to stay overnight if you use the train. 

the coach station is in the arse end of nowhere if I remember correctly. 

I'll carry on holding out for that golden standing ticket in Manchester then, thanks.

On 12/11/2019 at 11:25 AM, Quark said:

Brighton booked!  Never seen them and somehow completely missed them on my radar until the new material started coming out, so really looking forward to seeing them as a complete newbie.  Going to be doing some proper listening over the next few weeks :)

There's a great warmth to them, the small venue shows are gonna be great. There's a few of us going to see them at the Brudenell, near my birthday, perfect! Everything Else Has Gone Wrong, indeed.

That warm glow of Bombay also works very well at Glastonbury! Very blissful.

GnR? Hold the phone.... that would be stunning

Shout out to the crew who watched Slash in 2010 in the blazing sun rather than watching England lose to Germany in some football game or other

Do bands ever do Ireland and GB on consecutive days? I've no idea how much the crossing adds to the logistics.

Edited by UEF
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UEF said:

GnR? Hold the phone.... that would be stunning

Shout out to the crew who watched Slash in 2010 in the blazing sun rather than watching England lose to Germany in some football game or other

Do bands ever do Ireland and GB on consecutive days? I've no idea how much the crossing adds to the logistics.

I can’t imagine the crossing is too much of the challenge when you have access to private jets. The bigger challenge would be that it doesn’t look like there is anywhere for them on the lineup as they are headliner or nothing.

Plus it doesn’t look like they’re doing two nights in a row.

7 hours ago, incident said:

Getting tickets for this has made me marginally happier on an otherwise shit morning..

image.png.acbd4a822e8395f6d3d65eeefd8c4dc1.png

The date is tantalisingly close to Glastonbury as well, but I think that'd be too much to ask for.

Sadly I think you're right. My first Frames gig was in the acoustic tent in 2003 I think... 

7 hours ago, cdm22 said:

When Glen Hansard posted about the gig he said it was a one off :( Doesn't look like they will do any other shows at all.

It is. Saw them September 2018 in a circus tent at Ballintubbert House which really is in the arse end of nowhere. Glen played the night before, two days of awesome music, the House had an outside bar in a chalet thing which opened on to the orchard, just the perfect spot.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Benja100 said:

I'd be nervous about seeing them, I was too young before, now they might be too old and no Slash, I've heard mixed reports about them live... if they weren't amazing it would taint my memory of how much I loved their music as a little 

Slash has been back in the band for years now & all the reports I've heard have been great. 

Will be getting tickets for the London show. 

Another for the Eagles are meh.

The Frames would be incredible though. Anytime I've seen Glen Hansard has been joyous. I've never seen anyone come close to how much he enjoys performing and always has other artists on with him. Would be over the moon to see him on the farm. 

• Like 1

I don't think this has been discussed yet but I noticed Soulwax are active again next year and touring the US in February/March.

No indication of Europe yet but I was gutted they didn't play Glastonbury when touring the latest album. If the do come over I think they'd be great late on West Holts!

Played one of my favourite shows of the year in Manchester in 2017. 

IMG_20191214_130053.jpg

6 hours ago, chris_top_her said:

Alanis morisette playing in America through Glastonbury. Thought she would have been a good one for a sing along 

Since its 25 years of Jagged Little Pill, the likelihood drops that she would be open to do a festival show. Because you could only perform the album in an hour and thats it.  Im sure she will go to the uk for another leg, its too lucrative. Lots of shows more or less sold out yesterday already, so theres demand.

On 12/14/2019 at 1:04 PM, zeppelin said:

I don't think this has been discussed yet but I noticed Soulwax are active again next year and touring the US in February/March.

No indication of Europe yet but I was gutted they didn't play Glastonbury when touring the latest album. If the do come over I think they'd be great late on West Holts!

Played one of my favourite shows of the year in Manchester in 2017. 

IMG_20191214_130053.jpg

I heard a rumour that despacio was coming back. Can't remember where from

Edited by FuzzyDunlop