Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

15 minutes ago, Quark said:

I'm getting very close to withdrawing my outsourcing of my AOTD list from you Swedge.  Raising some very serious questions about your taste right now.

Couple of clarifications;

1. I like The Big Lebowski, it's a fun film. But I agree with CalGon's point about it becoming a cliché. I think it's become more highly regarded in pop culture that it actually it deserves, hence the overrated 

2. Yeah, sorry, I just think The Eagles are rubbish. 

The only Eagles tune I can say I like is "Life in the fast lane". 

Other than that... nah, not for me. 

It absolutely baffles me their popularity. Even life in the fast lane - I cant stand how they sing "life in the fast lane" & you can imagine someone else doing it far better.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

23 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

1. I like The Big Lebowski, it's a fun film. But I agree with CalGon's point about it becoming a cliché. I think it's become more highly regarded in pop culture that it actually it deserves, hence the overrated 

I love the fact you actually came back with a considered response :lol:

Heads up for anyone in the Brighton neck of the woods - Bombay Bicycle Club are doing a small venue set at Concorde2 in January. Tix on sale from Resident Music tomorrow at 11am. The 1st Feb show at Brighton Centre has already sold out, really surprised they're doing a one off at a smaller venue!

Edited by Quark

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Eagles produced some absolute belters. You could argue they should have quit after Hotel California, and certainly not bothered with Long Road out of Eden, but before that? Quality.

I used to work in a local pub in my small town and every Sunday the same group of bellends would come in, get pissed up on shots after the footie and insist I put the eagles on repeat until my shift ended. By the end of the night it was usually just 4-5 of them, endlessly singing along (badly) to Hotel California and the other "banger", and giving me standard misogynistic abuse in between, until I could finally throw them out.

For two fucking years!!

I am not a fan.

11 minutes ago, Quark said:

Heads up for anyone in the Brighton neck of the woods - Bombay Bicycle Club are doing a small venue set at Concorde2 in January. Tix on sale from Resident Music tomorrow at 11am. The 1st Feb show at Brighton Centre has already sold out, really surprised they're doing a one off at a smaller venue!

There's one in Leeds as well, just got a ticket. 

1 minute ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Same! Already booked London to see them at triple the price but couldn’t miss out on this.

I missed out on the normal tour annoyingly so at least I have this now. Didn't think it would sell out so quick, well only Leeds did on the day - that was frustrating! 

3 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I missed out on the normal tour annoyingly so at least I have this now. Didn't think it would sell out so quick, well only Leeds did on the day - that was frustrating! 

Yeah I missed out on the 10 year anniversary tour but this more than softens the blow. Been wanting to go a gig at Brudenell for a while and what could be better than this! 

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

I used to work in a local pub in my small town and every Sunday the same group of bellends would come in, get pissed up on shots after the footie and insist I put the eagles on repeat until my shift ended. By the end of the night it was usually just 4-5 of them, endlessly singing along (badly) to Hotel California and the other "banger", and giving me standard misogynistic abuse in between, until I could finally throw them out.

For two fucking years!!

I am not a fan.

That reminds me of my year in Oz many moon ago. Every pub would have a live band on and every band would play the Proclaimers. Fair to say I still can't bare to hear them to this day.

4 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Well that’s like your opinion man.

Not overrated just the aged old example of something being derided for having the audacity of being liked\loved, and others not quite loving it as much. Not having a go as I’m the same with Breaking bad.

54 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

The one true Coens masterpiece. 

Having none of this. Miller’s crossing is my favorite Coen brothers film but one of o brother where art thou, no country for old men or Fargo are also masterpieces surely?

11 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

Having none of this. Miller’s crossing is my favorite Coen brothers film but one of o brother where art thou, no country for old men or Fargo are also masterpieces surely?

Fargo’s a close second, No Country For Old Men doesn’t even make my Coen top 5. 

18 hours ago, zeppelin said:

There's one in Leeds as well, just got a ticket. 

18 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Same! Already booked London to see them at triple the price but couldn’t miss out on this.

Brighton booked!  Never seen them and somehow completely missed them on my radar until the new material started coming out, so really looking forward to seeing them as a complete newbie.  Going to be doing some proper listening over the next few weeks :)