Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

In fairness it did ramp up nearer show time. How was it last night?

I really enjoyed it last night. Thought it was a perfect warm up. The crowd got pretty into it by the end. And still surprisingly easy to get to the bar afterwards. 

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

In fairness it did ramp up nearer show time. How was it last night?

2 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I really enjoyed it last night. Thought it was a perfect warm up. The crowd got pretty into it by the end. And still surprisingly easy to get to the bar afterwards. 

Last night was really good. Loved the new venue. It wasnt that busy though, as @zeppelin says. The crowd who were there, got well into it though.

I really enjoyed it. 

24 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

This is a tad disappointing. Would have preferred if they'd just added extra dates instead of ""upgrading"" to shittier venues

78627074_10156544442692019_5281974201077465088_n.jpg

Damn, suspected this was going to happen and agree. Obviously still going to be ace but was really looking forward to seeing her at the Albert Hall - Victoria Warehouse less so. Ah well. 

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Damn, suspected this was going to happen and agree. Obviously still going to be ace but was really looking forward to seeing her at the Albert Hall - Victoria Warehouse less so. Ah well. 

My other qualm with things like this (Hot Chip did the same) is the gig moves from an easily accessible venue (The Academy in my case) to one that is less so, or further out. 

I was travelling across from Leeds so transport links are kinda useful. 

Just now, zeppelin said:

My other qualm with things like this (Hot Chip did the same) is the gig moves from an easily accessible venue (The Academy in my case) to one that is less so, or further out. 

I was travelling across from Leeds so transport links are kinda useful. 

Yep likewise - Albert Hall a short stroll from the station. Victoria Warehouse a train and then a taxi, and then a rush back to catch the last train. Annoying.

If you buy a train ticket to Manchester Central Zone you can go as far as Cornbrook on the tram for free - Pomona is next stop and is for Viccy Warehouse and the chances of you getting checked between the two are incredibly slim. 

I know it doesn't solve the problem (doesn't come close to solving the problem of Viccy Warehouse being shite) but it might save you some beer money. 

Yeah, from best venue in Manchester to worst venue anywhere is a real pisser. Can't overstate how grotesque the Victoria Warehouse is. The demand cannot have been a surprise to them. Most artists I'd just not go to the gig if it was there, there's only really Carly who I'd go there for because I love her so much and UK shows from her are insanely rare.

16 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

How the fuck are the Eagles playing 2 nights at Wembley in 2020?

I wasn't around in the 70s, but I am pretty sure they were as shite then as they are now.

What kind of statement is that? 

They've got some absolutely phenomenal songs and Hotel California is a seminal album! How the fuck you don't appreciate that is a far better and more pertinent question. 

• Upvote 1