Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, FakeEmpire said:

Ah shit, I'm seeing them in Bristol later in the month and that venue has turned into an absolute nightmare since health and safety got involved and forced them to close the staircases.   It's always dangerously packed and uncomfortable so I've already been a bit concerned about how the libs show is going to go down under such circumstances!

Best of luck ? Does Bristol tend to get those stereotypical 'Oasis fan' type crowds we occasionally get up here? (I say that as an Oasis fan from Yorkshire!)

I don't mind a lively crowd, but I don't appreciate paying £40+ to spend my evening trying to avoid beer, piss, and sick!

5 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I'm going! Third time seeing them. I plan to have my jaw swinging tonight ??

Mine too I think! First was UEA many years ago, then Mad Cool last year. 

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

@Gilgamesh69 @zeppelin you two are in for a treat. The new show, setlist and setup is immense. Have a good one!

Awesome! I'm so excited for this one. It lands in the middle of a whole bunch of gigs and thus one has been peaking my excitement! 

10 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

@Gilgamesh69 @zeppelin you two are in for a treat. The new show, setlist and setup is immense. Have a good one!

Awesome. Seen them at a small show last year and at a festival this summer, so I'm glad this will be something different 

8 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Mine too I think! First was UEA many years ago, then Mad Cool last year. 

Awesome! I'm so excited for this one. It lands in the middle of a whole bunch of gigs and thus one has been peaking my excitement! 

What other gigs are you going to? I've got Underworld tonight, moving home on Friday, then Idles on Saturday ??

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Awesome. Seen them at a small show last year and at a festival this summer, so I'm glad this will be something different 

What other gigs are you going to? I've got Underworld tonight, moving home on Friday, then Idles on Saturday ??

It was more just the quantity in a short space but this week I had The Comet is Coming on Tuesday, Underworld tonight, White Lies tomorrow and The National on Sunday. 

Think that's me til January though. 

3 hours ago, Lubic87 said:

Best of luck ? Does Bristol tend to get those stereotypical 'Oasis fan' type crowds we occasionally get up here? (I say that as an Oasis fan from Yorkshire!)

I don't mind a lively crowd, but I don't appreciate paying £40+ to spend my evening trying to avoid beer, piss, and sick!

It's not too bad for that really.  When I saw Pete Doherty play at the same venue the main problem was just people getting pissed and talking all the way through it which I don't imagine will cause a problem at a Libs show!

Let's see what happens!  After the chaos of the Hyde Park show, I'm prepared for anything.

I remember going to see whatever Pete Doherty was doing at the time. Shit night. He was over an hour late. Off his face. Pints of liquid being thrown around the place so stayed at the back. Dunno if it was human piss or piss lager. 

They also hard Hard Fi cash machine on repeat while we waited for him to appear. Fucking appalling. 

On 12/3/2019 at 11:47 AM, a6l6e6x said:

I love deep purple and blue oyster cult are a great band to have support but playing arenas seems quite ambitious? Maybe I'm underestimating Deep Purples popularity

I think it's just because they're worried about the weather would be like out in Knebworth come October 

15 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

@Gilgamesh69 @zeppelin @Supernintendo Chalmers

What is all the drift intro / misterons pre show like? Worth getting there early? 

It's a Rick Smith set, playing some of the more ambient/deeper/esoteric Underworld stuff. It's a nice listen but merely a warm-up for the main event