Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

3 hours ago, cammie81 said:

Not sure if this is the best place to ask or not but anyone (locals or otherwise) got any recommendations for New Year's Eve in London?

House party, everything else is extremely overpriced and too busy. It's the one night a year I don't actually like going out!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Glitterbox at Printworks

Thanks, I'll check that out. 

7 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

House party, everything else is extremely overpriced and too busy. It's the one night a year I don't actually like going out!

Yeah, I'm not usually too bothered usually either but we are going to be in London for it this year so thought I should try to do something.

Glass Animals show on the 1st of November in Oxford just got my ticket, announced that festival in March too so fingers crossed they return to the farm. Its only 300 capacity so if the opportunity comes I guess i'll ask them if they are doing it :) 

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Anybody at tonight’s Hot Chip show (or any of their previous ones) know the set times? Running a bit late and worried I’m gonna miss the start, aka some excellent bangers.

How did you find it? I went to the Glasgow show last weekend and was a tiny bit underwhelmed. It was definitely a very good show, and Hot Chip not quite at their best is still miles better than most bands on their best day, but I thought it was the least excellent Hot Chip gig I've seen and I couldn't really explain why. Just something missing.

9 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

How did you find it? I went to the Glasgow show last weekend and was a tiny bit underwhelmed. It was definitely a very good show, and Hot Chip not quite at their best is still miles better than most bands on their best day, but I thought it was the least excellent Hot Chip gig I've seen and I couldn't really explain why. Just something missing.

Damn. Hope they bring the fire a little more to Ally Pally tonight.

Who was supporting? 

9 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Yeah it was good but only other time I’ve seen them was at Glastonbury ‘15 which was  life affirming so was never gonna reach those heights. Their Sabotage cover didn’t really do anything for me, mind - pales in comparison to Dancing in the Dark.

To curb the disappointment of missing out on local tickets this morning I've booked a few more gigs for the coming months. A very random mixed bag but I've got coming up: 

Slade's Christmas Tour: 15th December @ The O2 Bristol (Family trip which I'm actually incredibly excited for as their Christmas album is the soundtrack to my family's Christmases for as long as I can remember).

Chase Rice: 19th January @ Thekla Bristol (Living in America for 4 years gets you into this kinda stuff)

The Script: 24th February @ BiC 

Seafret: 14th March @ SWX Bristol

Also tempted by Mat Kearney playing in Cardiff on November 13th but trying to convince people to come with me.

Also toying with Some Bodies playing the Louisiana in Bristol on November 15th as they were brilliant when I last saw them. 

Not really sure what the purpose of this post is apart from the fact that I wanted to verbalise the stuff I do have to look forward to in an attempt to overcome to disappointment of not securing a Glastonbury ticket.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, lukethekid said:

26/3/20 – Glasgow, UK – The SSE Hydro

27/3/20 – London, UK – The O2

29/3/20 – Dublin, Irlanda – 3Arena

Edited by zeppelin
Haha copied it from a foreign website so some place-names were a bit wrong.