Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Yes these dates are april & may, but shows they are around. They'd be very welcome back for me too.

FB_IMG_1571384575115.jpg

Would love to see these on the farm as I missed them last time. Might hold off on tickets until the lineup is out. £30 is a lovely price though.

edit: Nick Cave too ?

Edited by jyoung

19 hours ago, fat_man_joe said:

I'll be there! My only gripe is that the bands are a little toooo similar. But it's going to be a great day all the same. I don't know a great deal of the line-up, any recommendations?

(Side note: one of the bands I was going for is Drugdealer, however they've had to pull out).

I like Sorcha Richardson (indie popish) and Just Mustard (post-rock/shoegaze-y)

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

Right, someone tell me where to start with Nick. An artist I think I should like but have never listened to! 

Normally don't advocate compilations but Lovely Creatures is a decent arc across his career. I'd start there, identify the periods you like then work out of those.

or start with Abattoir Blues / The Lyre of Orpheus, go on to Boatman's Call, and finish with Murder Balads via Henry's Dream, Skeleton Tree and From Her To Eternity.

19 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

The Swans are playing EartH (Hackney) on the 26th and 27th of May.

Btw, has anyone been to that venue yet? It's fairly new isn't it?

It's great! I saw Lucy Dacus there a few months back. It's way bigger than I thought it would be from the outside. Amphitheatre style, so there's no bad seats (although I am suspicious that they change the layout for some of the other styles of music).

1 minute ago, Tommy101 said:

Image may contain: one or more people and text

This lot any good live? I'm tempted

Very!!! Caught them at Citadel, before Fontaines. And these blew me away! Certainly outshone the DC boys on that day. 

Followed it up with a visit to Concorde 2 in Brighton last week where they were just as good!

Their album was all self released and they’ve toured relentlessly for over a year, UK and Europe multiple times without really stopping!