Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Just now, a6l6e6x said:

I don't think it will sell all that well. Do like him but would only watch at a festival if there was nothing else going on. Be interesting to see how much they are charging

I suspect you're not the target audience in this case though - I reckon a lot of the tickets for this will be to the "I don't normally go to concerts" brigade who remember it as that one album they bought and liked (nearly) 20 years ago.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

That album was massive and mums all over will swarm those arenas in droves. Fuck, might be an easy Christmas present for my own mum right there, and I can tag along shame free with a grimace on my face but a smile in my heart.

Immediately thought of it as a Christmas present for my mum with the same thinking!

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

People pay insurance for gigs?

For an overseas gig it makes sense. If you have trouble with flights, there's another Thomas Cook type collapse or whatever that's you tixs money back since it'll be a lot of harder to resell the tixs if you're in another country. 

4 hours ago, priest17 said:

Josh Homme has teased a desert session world tour. You'd like to think they'd stop by the farm if they were about.

I feel like getting that bunch of musicians (plus possible earlier TDS guests) to tour would mean a really limited run. Something about the size of the Post Pop Depression shows.

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I feel like getting that bunch of musicians (plus possible earlier TDS guests) to tour would mean a really limited run. Something about the size of the Post Pop Depression shows.

Yeah that'd make sense. Or a Gorillaz style see who you can get whenever, stand ins when you can't thing. The Post Pop Depression stuff was criminally under toured though, Iggy didn't even play any of it when he supported QOTSA.

On 10/2/2019 at 12:29 PM, wro_lap said:

Not a tour announcement but Michael Stipe of REM releasing a charity single this weekend. Any chance he could start playing again and come back? It's probably slim as he's been busy with art/photography stuff I think, as well as his Fischerspooner side project.

he played an unannounced support set for Patti Smith earlier this year in NYC

I think that one of our Irish Efesters (i forget his name... the one who starts most of the Radiohead threads) saw him join Patti at another of his NYC gigs a year or two back as well 

It would be nice to see him out and about more on the music side...REM aren't reforming tho, will never happen. 

9 hours ago, Suprefan said:

David Gray performing White Ladder in full next year. Might be possible for glasto i think.

4AF6E6D1-6C42-4B6B-92D6-9EE509399169.jpeg

(consecutive REM-related posts)

He was such an uninspiring choice for sub for REM back in 2003. Radiohead get the Flaming Lips and REM get him. I think I caught a bit of Julian Cope up in the Acoustic instead before venturing down 

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I'm not trying to score points but for real I do not know who David Grey is. Maybe I'm too young tho, 20 years ago all I gave a shit about was the Powerpuff Girls and mothafuckin yo yos.

Inoffensive singer songwriter of piano and / or guitar ballad stuff.  Was massive for a short burst in 2000/01.  You'd probably recognise one of Babylon, This Year's Love, Please Forgive Me or Sail Away.

And as a footnote, Powerpuff Girls were fucking cool.