Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

6 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Surprised they weren't at the farm this year. Be very surprised if they're not there next year. They seem a prefect fit. Maybe a Park headliner?

Just got my tickets for Bath, so I have clash-proofed this one.

They were really good when I saw them on the last tour, thnk it's a long shot for Glastonbury to be honest.

1 hour ago, maelzoid said:

Why's that? I thought the opposite...

Have to say, the setlists form the last tour looked superb, especially as Meddle is included in the time-frame. Chuffed I got tickets, good ones too.

As did I. Hoping the tour sells badly and as Dublin is the first night Nick asks Rodge to appear to boost sales......

1 hour ago, maelzoid said:

Why's that? I thought the opposite...

Have to say, the setlists form the last tour looked superb, especially as Meddle is included in the time-frame. Chuffed I got tickets, good ones too.

I hope you're right and I'm wrong. My thoughts are there's not a huge track record of bringing these 'heritage' acts to Glastonbury, and there's not many slots they could fit in. Headliners for the Park tend to be relatively new acts, so it may just leave the rock slot on the Pyramid, or maybe headlining the Acoustic. 

Gary Kemp does a super job in the band by the way, I was well impressed by him. The first Pink Floyd LP I bought was Relics and as they play much of that I was happy.

Edited by Avalon_Fields

1 minute ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I hope you're right and I'm wrong. My thoughts are there's not a huge track record of bringing these 'heritage' acts to Glastonbury, and there's not many slots they could fit in. Headliners for the Park tend to be relatively new acts, so it may just leave the rock slot on the Pyramid, or maybe headlining the Acoustic. 

Gary Kemp does a super job in the band by the way, I was well impressed by him. The first Pink Floyd LP I bought was Relics and as they play much of that I was happy.

Ha ha, I hope I'm right and you're wrong too!

I don't think it's too much of a stretch, but I know what you mean by 'heritage' - it's just one original member away from being a tribute act isn't it! Much like Steve Hackett touring with a 100% Genesis setlist. Be that as it may, it's still an original member and that's good enough for me. Comparing them to Glass's "Heroes" Symphony who headlined the Park, it's not too wild a shout. How about the acoustic stage? How strict are they on 'acoustic' these days, because they certainly go for the err... more mature acts.

7 hours ago, maelzoid said:

Ha ha, I hope I'm right and you're wrong too!

I don't think it's too much of a stretch, but I know what you mean by 'heritage' - it's just one original member away from being a tribute act isn't it! Much like Steve Hackett touring with a 100% Genesis setlist. Be that as it may, it's still an original member and that's good enough for me. Comparing them to Glass's "Heroes" Symphony who headlined the Park, it's not too wild a shout. How about the acoustic stage? How strict are they on 'acoustic' these days, because they certainly go for the err... more mature acts.

Yeah it's not restricted to acoustic acts at all. Quite far from it. It's essentially the oldies' stage and the only place I could see Nick Mason being booked.

On 9/18/2019 at 6:11 PM, Superunknown said:

That'd be me and anyone else who likes to hear absolute bangaz. 

Na I realise they're not everyone's cup of tea but enough in their setlists for a good time, Mr Writer notwithstanding.

I remember when I used to work at the arena and rolling my eyes that they were on that night but was singing along to every word tidying the stall and decided to sneak in to see the rest of it (no one tell Linda).

If they'd take a lower slot they'd be a hoot. Boring and safe but an easy win for the fest.