Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

I've got an email today saying if I pre order the new Who album I can get pre access to the sale for their new tour.

How quickly do you think the Who tour will sell out?

I'm conflicted as I've seen the Who post Moon and the Ox a few times and thought they were brilliant every time (sadly too young to have seen the original line up). But tickets start at £73 which is pretty steep. And I don't know if I'll like the new album or not, really it's their music from the late 60s and early 70s I love.

Also got an email offering me presale to Greenday, Fallout Boy and Weezer tour. Which I'd so go to if it didn't clash with Glasto and I'm still tempted to buy tickets in case I don't get Glasto tickets. Pretty sure I could sell them if it turns out I can't go.

On 9/13/2019 at 8:43 AM, danmarks said:

Last years Who show was a sell out but they lowered the prices to buy one get one free. So im guessing many people who paid 100quid may not spring immediately for tickets this year. I say many i mean me.

I hope you're right. I'd really like to hear the new album first before I decide if I want to spend so much to see them.

8 hours ago, found home in 2009 said:

I hope you're right. I'd really like to hear the new album first before I decide if I want to spend so much to see them.

There is a new track off thr album on youtube etc. Ball and Chain. Its ok. Its not groundbreaking but much better than i feared. When they played Wembley this year you still had the usuals but a few odd different ones thrown in - eminence front etc. And 2 new tracks. People still used these as toilet breaks though. Im conflicte. Cant afford it. Seen them 9/10 times but its going to be their last time soon. Its my fear of missing out more than my want to see them i think. Cant justify it at all tomorrow but trying to think of ways of getting money in the bank in time.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Huge surprise for me. Don't think anyone walked out of that EOTR gig thinking it was anything but tops.

Shes undeservedly lower on festie bills everywhere.

Yeah, she nailed it that afternoon. I saw the last 10 mins of her at Glastonbury this year in the leftfield, and while it was fine, she was so much better on the Garden Stage a couple of weeks ago. Like you say, there wasn’t a person who left that gig unconverted.

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I have strange admiration for the Stereophonics still being able to play arenas. No idea who keeps buying these tickets.

That'd be me and anyone else who likes to hear absolute bangaz. 

Na I realise they're not everyone's cup of tea but enough in their setlists for a good time, Mr Writer notwithstanding.

21 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

That'd be me and anyone else who likes to hear absolute bangaz. 

Na I realise they're not everyone's cup of tea but enough in their setlists for a good time, Mr Writer notwithstanding.

I’ve always said that I like Word Gets Around and P&C, not too keen on everything since.

I’m just impressed that they’ve maintained a level of popularity despite not making much of an impression with their last few releases.

• Like 1

Years ago the Stereophonics booked a summer festival warmup show at the UEA (1,500 capacity). Me and my mate had tickets but then on the night Kelly's voice was shot and they couldn't play (Little Man Tate, as the support, played anyway).

I was a bit gutted, and given the reason for the show assumed that I'd get a refund and that would be that. 

But no, they came back when the festival run was over and played anyway. I always respected that and have a soft spot for them now.

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I have strange admiration for the Stereophonics still being able to play arenas. No idea who keeps buying these tickets.

Yeah, I don't get it either. Got a freebie to Latitude this year and the field they were playing was packed for them! (we were wandering in during their last song for a decent spot for Underworld who were on afterwards btw)

On 9/17/2019 at 1:17 AM, vintagelaureate said:

Gutted their swerving the North West

They have gigs in Salford and Manchester between now and that tour. Maybe another to be added after those?

Speaking of Manc, I'm heading to the good ship YES to take part in their first birthday festivities on Friday! Free entry, free drinks, bands and DJs on all 4 floors, just a shame I've not been able to convince anyone I know to come!!

I'll still defo be there though, along with Tim Burgess playing out his record collection, there are two of my favourites. The ridiculously sublime Real Lies (FINALLY, YES) and the sublimely ridiculous Rhythm Method. There was a great buzz about the place for their opening weekend last year, hoping for more of the same on Friday.

• Upvote 1